Southwest Tech is committed to providing a welcoming environment and a sense of community where all employees can
experience success. We empower and inspire all members of the Southwest Tech community to embrace differences, defend human dignity, and respect the richness of values and ideas that each person brings to the college.
Southwest Tech is seeking a qualified adjunct instructor to teach basic design, repair, and maintenance of forage equipment for various agriculture-based degree programs at Southwest Tech. Primary course subject matter will include principles of field operation and reconditioning of forage harvesting equipment, different designs of forage cutting equipment, and maintenance procedures of forage equipment including balers and forage harvesters. This course is taught 6 hours a week beginning August 21, 2023, and ending December 15, 2023.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
• Provide instruction for the following course topics: safety procedures used on hay and forage equipment; examine different types of equipment used in forage harvesting (mowers, rakes, balers); prepare mowers/mower conditioners, rakes, and balers for field operation; and perform basic field operation adjustments for all forage harvesting equipment. This course does include both lecture and lab components.
• Prepare and deliver course content to maximize student learning which includes but is not limited to developing course syllabi, organizing day-to-day lessons, lab set-up, and student assessment.
• Supervise & maintain lab/shop areas and incorporate agriculture equipment safety into instruction.
• Collaborate with other program instructors to manage a program budget to purchase and maintain supplies.
• Maintain strict confidentiality of student information – Family Educational Rights Privacy Act (FERPA)
TRAINING, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• Two-year associate degree or Technical Diploma in the agricultural industry plus minimum of 5.5 years related work experience required.
• Bachelor's degree is preferred with a minimum of 2 years of related work experience.
• Preferred to have been employed in the agricultural field within the last 5 years.
• Teaching/presentation experience preferred.
• Ability to work effectively in a team-based, quality environment.
• Ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing
• Valid Driver’s License
• Computer knowledge of Microsoft Office, spreadsheet application software, email, and internet
Position requires stooping, reaching, standing, walking, talking, hearing, and seeing; lifting up to 75 pounds on a regular basis.
Internal and External applicants complete and submit the online employment application at www.swtc.edu/jobsatswtc
For questions regarding the application process please email Human Resources at email@example.com or 608.822.2314.
ADJUNCT SALARY RANGES
Bachelors: $45,818 - $55,467
Masters: $49,792 – $60,677
(Pay calculation based on education, experience, and semester load percentage)
*This adjunct position is non-benefitted and is for the 2023 Fall semester only.
Adjunct instructors are provided computer access while on campus and all work performed off campus will be done on personal equipment.
The Review Committee will screen applicants and contact them for an interview. Meeting the minimum qualifications does not assure the candidate an interview. Final candidate’s employment offer will be subject to completion of a criminal background check and pre-employment drug screening.
PLEASE NOTE: All candidates selected for an interview may be asked to prepare a 10-minute classroom teaching demonstration. Information regarding this teaching demonstration will follow.
Southwest Tech does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, gender identity, religion or sexual orientation in its programs and activities. The Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Officer has been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies. Call 800-362-3322, Ext. 2315 (TDD: 608-822-2072) or write Southwest Tech, 1800 Bronson Blvd., Fennimore, WI 53809.