Dentist / Assistant Professor - Non-Tenure Clinical Practice Track - 30099 Faculty Description University of Colorado Anschutz Medical CampusDepartment: College of NursingJob Title: Dentist / Assistant Professor - Non-Tenure Clinical Practice TrackPosition #: 706105 – Requisition #:30099Position Location: Sheridan Health Services (Southwest Denver)3525 W. Oxford Avenue | Unit G1 Denver, CO 80236 Job Summary:
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds. Nature of Work:
The University of Colorado, College of Nursing, is seeking a General Practice Dentist for a 0.75 - 1.00 FTE benefitted position at the Sheridan Health Services (SHS) Family Health Clinic, a Federally Qualified Health Center located in southwest Denver, CO (zip code: 80236). This position is clinic based and will involve direct patient care. Additionally, the position includes an Assistant Professor level, non-tenure clinical practice track appointment within the College of Nursing. Health care provider positions at SHS, such as this one, qualify for federal and state loan repayment
(more info at: https://tinyurl.com/pts4k4z2
). Clinic Description:
SHS is a multi-site, nurse-managed FQHC, funded through the Health Resources and Services Administration Bureau of Primary Healthcare; and is a collaborative effort between the College of Nursing and the Sheridan School District. There are now 62 employees at three convenient locations to serve community health needs primarily for residents of Arapahoe, Denver, Adams, and Jefferson counties. The CU Youth Health Clinic is located in the Sheridan School District Administration building in Englewood, CO. The CU Belleview Point Health Clinic is located in southwest Aurora and the CU Family Health Clinic is located in southwest Denver on the Fort Logan campus and provides services to adults and children, 65% of whom identify as Latinx, and 42% of whom are best served in another language, with Spanish being the predominant second language. Services offered include primary care across the lifespan; prenatal and postpartum, gynecology, dentistry, pharmacy, behavioral health, and outpatient substance abuse treatment. SHS is a Patient-Centered Medical Home, and as such, we uphold a model of care that places the patient at the center, incorporating the values and beliefs of the patient in all decision-making. We extend the reach of the clinic through public health outreach where nursing students provide community outreach, health education, and home visitation services. https://nursing.cuanschutz.edu/patient-care/sheridan-health-services Key Responsibilities: Guides the dental team, to include coaching on best practices and fostering a collaborative team environment. Assesses dental condition and needs of patient using patient screening procedures, including medical history review, dental charting, and periodontal charting Examines patients' teeth and mouth Analyzes x-rays and evaluates dental needs Plans treatment and health promotion programs Administers anesthetics to patients Treats oral health conditions using the necessary equipment Provides hygiene treatment to patients when needed Performs general dental procedures within the scope of practice Performs surgical procedures as needed Performs endodontic treatment Provides instruction on dental care Writes prescriptions for dental patients Maintains timely and accurate medical records Business and administrative tasks as needed Precepts dental students through the University of Colorado School of Dental Medicine Conducts quality improvement activities and peer review Participates in data collection for grants Utilizes interpretation services to perform dental procedures for non-English speaking patients Why Join Us:
CU Nursing is an amazing place to be. We have the distinct advantage of being a part of a huge medical campus with three incredible hospitals – the VA, the nationally ranked University of Colorado Hospital, and the Children's Hospital Colorado where our nursing students and faculty learn every day. From our beginning 125 years ago as part of the School of Medicine at CU Boulder to our current home at the Anschutz Medical Campus, the college has been a recognized leader in nursing education (ranked #10 in online MS graduate programs by U.S. News & World Report 2023). Our faculty, students and staff have been instrumental in shaping the profession of nursing and teaching the next generation of nurses while treating patients in our own nurse-led clinics. Be a part of an innovative, dynamic, diverse, and exciting workplace -- helping make great things happen. Join us in our quest to boldly transform health together.
The University of Colorado offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, tuition benefits, ECO pass, paid time off – vacation, sick, and holidays and more. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://nursing.cuanschutz.edu/about/careers/benefits
. Diversity and Equity:
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities, persons within the LGBTQ+ community and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment. Qualifications: Minimum Qualifications: Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire.
Conditions of Employment:
- Graduation from an accredited Doctor of Dental Surgery or Doctor of Medicine in Dentistry from an accredited dental school program
- Current licensure as Dentist
- Current licensure in good standing (any state). Could be working toward CO clinical licenses during application process and registered with DORA-Department of Regulatory Agencies. Must have CO licensures by date of hire.
- Must be willing and able to obtain Colorado dentist license by date of hire.
- Must be willing and able to obtain valid NPI number by date of hire
- Must be willing and able to obtain valid Colorado Medicaid Provider number by date of hire
- Must be willing and able to complete CAQH by date of hire
- Must be willing and able to obtain current BLS/CPR certification by date of hire.
- Must be willing and able to actively participation in health plan contracts.
- Must be willing and able to remain credentialed by the health plans and ensure credentialing materials stay current.
- Must be willing and able to ensure strict compliance with University and professional policies/procedures
- Must be willing and able to work in a normal patient care environment with some exposure to biological hazards and infectious diseases.
- Must be willing and able to treat both adult and pediatric populations.
- Must be willing and able to take clinical/administrative calls after hours, as needed
- Two (2) years' general dentistry experience
- Experience utilizing bilingual skills (Spanish/English) at a conversation level in a clinical setting
- Student precepting experience
- Experience treating pediatric patients
- Experience working in a community health center
- Experience in performing Endodontic procedures for posterior teeth
How to Apply:
- Considerable degree of independent judgment and work priorities is necessary to monitor and respond to changes in a client's condition.
- Ability to document using clinic software (promptly, timely, and thoroughly)
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively with a diverse population of patients, their families, and other members of the health care team
- Ability to remain credentialed by the health plans and ensure credentialing materials stay current.
- Ability to effectively develop and promote practice through participation in marketing and patient recruitment
- Comprehensive knowledge of dental materials, their use, maintenance and storage
- Unconditional ability to maintain compliance with HIPAA and OSHA
- Ability to keep up to date with the latest regulations and best practices in the field, and to develop and update dental policies accordingly
- Strong skills in personnel management and development. Ability to motivate the dental team, foster a collaborative team environment, and mentor staff
- Exemplary organizational skills and ability to prioritize
For full consideration, please submit the following document(s):
1. A letter of interest describing relevant job experiences as they relate to listed job qualifications and interest in the position
2. Curriculum vitae / Resume
3. Five professional references including name, address, phone number (mobile number if appropriate), and email address
4. A copy of all current licenses and certifications (, CPR/BLS, etc.)
Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers
Questions should be directed to: CON HR, email@example.com Screening of Applications Begins:
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Anticipated Pay Range:
The starting salary range (or hiring range
) for this position has been established as HIRING RANGE:
$120,000 – $134,000/year at 1.0 FTE.
The above salary range (or hiring range) represents the University's good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation unless it is non-exempt.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125 ADA Statement:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
​. Background Check Statement:
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. Vaccination Statement:
CU Anschutz strongly encourages vaccination against the COVID-19 virus and other vaccine preventable diseases
. If you work, visit, or volunteer in healthcare facilities or clinics operated by our affiliated hospital or clinical partners or by CU Anschutz, you will be required to comply with the vaccination and medical surveillance policies of the facilities or clinics where you work, visit, or volunteer, respectively. In addition, if you work in certain research areas or perform certain safety sensitive job duties, you must enroll in the occupational health medical surveillance program
Application Materials Required: Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References, Additional Attachments - Refer to Application Materials Instructions Below Job Category
: Faculty Primary Location
: Aurora Department: U0001 -- DENVER & ANSCHUTZ MED CAMPUS - 20468 - CON-DEAN ADMINISTRATION Schedule
: Full-time Posting Date
: Sep 5, 2023 Unposting Date
: Ongoing Posting Contact Name: College of Nursing HR Posting Contact Email: CON.HR@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00706105
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency