Administrative StaffClassification Title:
Administrative StaffPosition Title:
Executive DirectorPosition Number:
AD00229Pay Grade Level:
Office of Major GiftsPosting Number:
S 121301180Full or Part Time:
Full TimeWork Schedule:
Monday – Friday, 8am-5pm; travel required as necessaryBasic Function:
The Executive Director of Major and Planned Gifts is charged with leading and directing a team of major and planned gift officers and serves as the principal architect of the major gift program at Denison. The major gift program is a key philanthropic priority for the college and the Executive Director of Major and Planned Gifts will be responsible for the overall management of the major gifts program, supervision of the planned giving team, and managing their own targeted major gift portfolio. Each major and planned gift officer is charged with raising between $1 and $3 million in gifts annually and managing a dynamic portfolio of approximately 75-90 prospects. The major and planned gift teams will provide the financial resources to carry-out the college’s mission of providing a high quality private liberal arts experience to the college’s 2,100 students and sustaining Denison’s reputation as a premier liberal arts college.Essential Job Functions:
Click here to learn more about Denison University!
- Develop and sustain a major gifts program which will yield optimum philanthropic giving from the college’s closest friends. Hire, train, coach, monitor and evaluate the major gift team on a regular basis. Provide focus and strategies for the team to cultivate, secure, and steward gifts of $100,000+ as well as gifts to the Annual Fund.
- Supervise the planned giving team, including hiring, training, coaching, monitoring and evaluating the planned giving team regularly. Work with the planned giving team to grow the gift complexity of the overall major and planned gift program by promoting blended gifts where appropriate.
- Manage a portfolio of prospects, including short-term and long-term strategies for securing gifts of $100,000+ in support of the college’s mission.
- Drive annual goal setting for individual gift officers and manage an overall annual goal for the major and planned gifts team with an emphasis on developing plans and ongoing support for gift closure in the current fiscal year and pipeline cultivation and qualification for future fiscal years.
- Collaborate with the senior team of Institutional Advancement to ensure that all prospects are appropriately assigned, have written strategies and are moving effectively and efficiently through the pipeline of cultivation, solicitation and stewardship in a timely manner. Assist the senior team of Institutional Advancement in creating a robust principal gifts program which will employ targeted strategies to secure transformative gifts.
- Partner with Institutional Advancement colleagues in support of the major and planned gift teams, including stewardship, prospect development and management, marketing, IT, events, annual fund, and alumni engagement and programs.
- Participate in professional activities to stay current with trends in the field. Participate as an active member of the University community by attending regular campus meetings and events. Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree. Seven years of fundraising and progressive management or related experience. Excellent relationship-building, interpersonal, and communication skills.Preferred Qualifications:
Leadership gift fundraising experience at the 100k+ level.Physical Demands:
General office workContact(s):
Kurt ForiskaContact Email:
05/22/2023Open Until Filled:
YesSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Full consideration for applicants who apply by June 23, 2023Denison University Background Check Statement:
The final candidate will undergo a background check as a conditional offer of employment.Denison University EEO Statement :
To achieve our mission as a liberal arts college, we continually strive to attract and hire candidates with diverse backgrounds, experiences and identities. Denison fosters a campus community that recognizes the value of all persons regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender expression and identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or socio-economic background. For additional information and resources about diversity at Denison, please see our Diversity Guide (https://denison.edu/forms/diversity-guide). Denison University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.