Harcum College in Bryn Mawr, PA a leader among the nation’s independent, two year colleges, has an immediate opening for a Director of Foundations and Grants. The Director of Foundations and Grants plans strategic fundraising approaches for projects and initiatives, oversees appropriate stewardship, and provides leadership for the College’s Grants Steering Committee. The position reports to the Vice President for Institutional Advancement.
- Direct a comprehensive college foundation and grants fundraising program for institutional and government giving. Identify and research prospects, develop cultivation strategies, submit proposals and grant requests, steward donors and complete appropriate reports.
- Be the primary representative to the Grants Steering Committee.
- Maintain and manage a comprehensive institutional grants calendar.
- Prepare and/or assist with the preparation of grant proposals from other departments.
- Arrange on and off-site visits with program officers and other institutional representatives.
- Identify and respond to trends influencing corporate, foundation and government grant making.
- Maintain files, prepares reports, and assesses effectiveness of grant writing efforts.
- Enter all foundation and grant activity in College’s development database, DonorPerfect.
- Works with the Development Committee of the Board of Trustees and other volunteer leadership to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward foundation and corporate support.
- Oversees stewardship, including recognition and progress reports to corporate and foundation donors.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of 5 years in grant writing and management (higher education experience a plus)
- Excellent written and communication skills; strong computer skills; the ability to work independently and collaboratively; the ability to set priorities and consistently meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated success in Foundation Relations, grant proposal writing, prospect identification, research, donor cultivation, and stewardship.
- Occasional travel in the tri-state (PA-NJ-DE); flexible schedule, willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends. Knowledge of the Philadelphia area Philanthropic communities a plus.
ABOUT HARCUM COLLEGE
Harcum College is an independent, co-ed, accredited, residential college, founded in 1915. The College offers associate degrees in allied health, business and other career-informed disciplines over 1000 students on its accessible main Bryn Mawr Campus 10 miles west of Philadelphia, and at area Partnership sites. Harcum provides quality instruction with close student-faculty collaboration, small class sizes, and tailored support services.. On-line classes, certificate and continuing studies programs are also available.
A comprehensive benefits package and pay commensurate with experience is offered.
Please include a cover letter and resume including work history.
Harcum College is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.