: Information TechnologyLocations:
: Des Plaines, ILPosted:
: May 11, 2023Closes:
: Apr 10, 2024 - 11:59 PM EDTType:
: Full Time StaffPosition ID:
About Oakton College :
For 50 years, Oakton College has been the setting where thousands begin or continue their college or career studies. Educating people of all ages, from all walks of life and from more than 40 nations, Oakton focuses on improving the quality of life for everyone who enters its doors.
Paid winter break
FRIDAYS OFF during the summer
Hybrid Work Schedules
Basic Function and Responsibilities:
The Senior Business Analyst/Software Developer completes all phases of enterprise systems development including business case justification, requirements definition, system design through prototyping, code development and testing, documentation, user training, and software evaluation.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collect, analyze, and document business and user requirements related to the new development or enhancement of critical business systems.
- Design, build and modify applications (including analysis and coding), using the appropriate programming language and tool set.
- Design and develop user-friendly interfaces to systems, applications, and databases.
- Recommend and develop modifications to third party software to meet user needs.
- Verify (test) programs and applications utilizing appropriate test plans, data, and procedures.
- Prepare and maintain system and user documentation and procedures.
- Provide ongoing support for production systems and assist with the resolution of production problems.
- Work with User Services and Networking & Operations personnel in understanding the functions and procedures of the supported systems; support user and technical staff training on developed applications.
- Develop and maintain documentation, including program operating procedures, program changes and other relevant information to accompany designs and changes to codes developed or modified.
- Complete work according to project plans and time frames.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Three years Oracle database programming experience, preferably with PL/SQL, or an alternate report development tool, Oracle Reports C, C++, or Java.
- Two years analysis and design experience, with exposure to data modeling and full system life cycle activities.
- Bachelor's degree with specific coursework in computer science or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired.
- Experience working with functional user offices.
- Relational/object-oriented programming, web development experience, and GUI development desirable.
- Ability to interpret file record layout.
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, written and oral communication skills. Highly self-motivated and directed.
Ability to work standard shift with potential irregular hours to serve customer service needs.
This position is seldom or never exposed to physical danger or unpleasant working conditions.
This position requires moderate physical effort and the ability to lifting up to 15 lbs. and light carrying up to 15 lbs. Periods of time spent sitting, standing, walking kneeling, bending and stooping. Mobility to move from one building to building on-campus and to visit off-campus entities. Work is performed in a general office environment and may involve walking and standing for extended periods of time. Requires sustained computer use, requiring close vision and keyboard, mouse and other related equipment usage.
The Senior Business Analyst/Software Developer is under the general supervision of either the Manager of Applications Software or the Manager of Applications Architecture.
HOURS: Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 5:15 pm
Based on the needs of the college and with Administrator approval, some positions at the college may have hybrid schedule options available after 30 working days. .
Oakton is accessible by public transportation.
For further details, visit our website at www.oakton.edu and select the Employment link to view Employment Opportunities.
Please be sure to have a current resume, cover letter, and list of, at least, three (3) professional references with contact information prepared to submit with your application.
Oakton College is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution, committed to employing competent, qualified individuals. Oakton College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, age, marital status, military status, socioeconomic status, sex or gender, gender identity, or sexual orientation in admission to and participation in its educational programs, college activities and services, or in its employment practices.
Posted positions may be removed from the Oakton website without notice when it is determined that no additional applicants are required.