PROGRAM COORDINATOR, Institute for Early Childhood Well-Being, Wheelock College of Education & Human Development Tracking Code23500590450517Job Description
Primary responsibilities of this position include coordinating Institute for Early Childhood Well-Beings (Institute) meetings, planning and promoting Institute events, maintaining financial records, and updating the Institutes communication channels. In addition, responsibilities associated with the NN project include facilitating participant recruitment and their enrollment in the four BU courses that are part of the NN professional development, providing administrative and logistical support to project partners supporting the organization of documentation for research and reporting, organizing financial documents, and facilitating communication between all project partners.
About The Nuestros Nios (NN) Professional Development Program
This federally funded project will provide professional development to four cohorts of teachers and assistant teachers in two schools districts in Massachusetts and Colorado, to increase their capacity to implement evidence-based practices to attend to the needs of young bilingual children; increase the school districts capacity to support teachers of young bilingual children by providing PD on the NNP to the school district coaches; strengthen home-school partnerships by supporting families on promoting their young bilingual children's language and literacy at home.
- Bachelor's Degree, 3 to 5 years of experience.
- Essential computer skills: email correspondence; Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point; and online data management systems.
- Strong organization skills.
- Proficient in Spanish (speaking, reading and writing).
- Experience in or familiarity with public school districts and/or Head Start programs.
- Experience working in a higher education setting (college or university).
- Experience with grant management.
- Advanced skills with management of Blackboard.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military service, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, or because of marital, parental, or veteran status. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Job LocationBOSTON, Massachusetts, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular