Part-Time Corporate College Instructor, Business Professionals Location:
LSC-System Office UP Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Part-Time Job ID:
Commitment to Mission
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- One LSC
- Student Focused
- Own It
- Advance Equity
- Cultivate Community
- Choose Learning
The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For” is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in eight areas: Professional Development; Mission & Pride; Supervisor/Department Chair Effectiveness; Confidence in Senior Leadership; Faculty & Staff Well-Being; Shared Governance; Faculty Experience; Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging.
Qualities of Excellence
As faculty members of Lone Star College, we strive to create a nation of world citizenry in our students. In that pursuit, we model ways of thinking and being that incorporate diversity, equality, and equity. Our culture, then, requires the possession of transcendent qualities that, while immeasurable, are evident in global citizens. We are compassionate with our students, colleagues, and ourselves. We are innovative in the pursuit of learning. Ultimately, we create a culture where learning thrives, people are safe, and we mirror the qualities of world citizenry.
Lone Star College faculty are dedicated to four qualities of excellence:
- Student Invested
- Content Expert
- Pedagogically Excellent
- Institutionally Dedicated
Campus Marketing Statement
Lone Star College-System Office, University Park
Lone Star College offers high-quality, low-cost academic transfer and career training education to 93,000+ students each semester. LSC has been named a 2021 Great Colleges to Work For® institution by the Chronicle of Higher Education and ranked 35th in Texas in the Forbes ‘America’s Best Employers By State’ list.LSC consists of eight colleges, seven centers, eight Workforce Centers of Excellence and Lone Star Corporate College.
Lone Star College-System Office employees are based at one of two System Office locations; The Woodlands and University Park. Both are the site for multiple administrative departments and system-wide training programs.
Location address is 20515 SH 249 (SH 249 and Louetta Road) Houston, Texas 77070-2607.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
It is the responsibility of the teaching positions to provide the learning activities and support that will lead to the achievement of the course objectives and contribute to the educational environment of the college and the community. Primary responsibilities are to plan, develop and teach courses within the curriculum in a manner that facilitates student learning.Part-time CC Instructors are hired in a part-time capacity on a semester-by-semester basis, contingent upon the needs of the College. Lone Star College accepts applications year-round from qualified applicants willing to teach on a part-time basis. Part-time Instructor hiring is based on student demand. We offer day, evening, and weekend classes at various times and locations during the academic year. As a rule, adjunct faculty may teach a maximum of five classes per academic year. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Teaches courses as designated in the Business and Professional program. Courses such as; Supervision, Administration, Accounting, QuickBooks, Small Business Management, Nonprofit, PayTrain, Grant Writing, Leadership, and Professionalism in the Workplace
- Assists in developing CC Business and Professional curriculum for business classes
- Responsible for maintaining and improving the quality of instruction
- Submits required college reports and forms
- Utilizes a course syllabus for each course, following established institutional guidelines
- Provides timely, quality access to students by appointment, electronic communication and other appropriate methods
- Works with Corporate College to continuously improve instructional quality by reviewing and utilizing innovative methodologies, techniques, and delivery methods, including collaborative learning, learning communities, service learning, instructional technology , and distance education
- Evaluates students by a variety of means to measure their progress in achieving course objectives and inform them in a timely manner of their progress
- Responsible for other reasonable, related duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Mastery of course content
- Ability to meet specific deadlines on a daily basis
- Ability to respond to emergency calls as needed
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and facilitation skills
- Ability to work in a diverse College setting
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Intermediate skills in computer and database applications
- Ability and commitment to work collaboratively
- Commitment to multi-cultural and multi-generational diversity
- Commitment to the mission of the comprehensive community college
- Strong communication and computer skills
- Commitment to quality service to students
- Ability to manage and lead change
- Ability to convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately and concisely
The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts; or driving an automobile. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
WORK SCHEDULE & CONDITIONS:
- PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office, classroom or lab environment with minimal exposure to safety hazards
- High school diploma or GED and at least 3 years of documented experience working or teaching in a related field
- License or appropriate teaching certifications when teaching courses regulated by a licensing body or certifying authority
- Specialization in field
$51.75 per contact hour
Benefits Marketing Statement
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment, excellent work/life balance, tuition waiver, participation in a tax deferred retirement plan, professional development opportunities and more.
Special Instructions Go to the Job Search page, click on ‘My Activities’ at the top of the page. Under My Cover Letters and Attachments you will click on ‘Add Attachment.’ Please be sure to put the Job ID# in the title once you name your file for cover letters only, unless you attached your cover letter with your resume. If you are applying for an Instructional position (i.e. Faculty, Adjunct Faculty, Instructor), please ensure you include the following to be considered: Resume/CV, Cover Letter, Teaching Philosophy, and unofficial transcripts. You must limit your file name for any attachment to 40 characters or less.How to Apply
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.