Present Position Number:
PP311WRole Code Title:
Assistant Coach, Club RowingUnit Mission Statement:
The Department of Campus Recreation’s mission is to provide quality recreational opportunities to all members of the William & Mary Community to enhance and foster a lifelong appreciation for health, wellness, and recreation.Position Summary:
Reporting to the Head Coach/Director of Rowing, the Assistant Coach of the Rowing Club will help with both Men’s and Women’s novice teams within the club to run club practices, including applying a graduated curriculum, presenting chalk talks and debriefs, and leading a variety of on-the-water drills and activities. The Assistant Coach will also travel to regattas to provide regatta coaching and perform logistical support for team activities.Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education, training, or experience, directly related to the position.
- CPR & First Aid Certification, or willingness to obtain within six months of employee’s start date.
- Boating license, or willingness to obtain within six months of employee’s start date.
- Previous competitive rowing experience at the high school or collegiate level.
Advertised Pay Range:
- Current US Rowing Membership or US Rowing Certification Program, Level 1 certification.
- Experience coaching a competitive rowing team at the high school level or higher.
Part-time professional position August 15 – June 1 annually for $10,000University Salary Range:
2G5000 Campus RecreationLocation:
William & MaryIs the position remote work eligible?:
Not eligibleRemote Work Disclaimer:
Remote work eligibility is not guaranteed and is subject to approval. Employee eligibility depends on the likelihood of the employee succeeding in a remote work arrangement and the supervisor’s ability to manage remote workers. Departments and/or Human Resources may amend, alter, change, delete, or modify eligibility.Job Open Date:
05/04/2023Review Begin Date:
05/15/2023Open Until Filled:
Part Time ProfessionalFLSA:
Other (Specify Below)Conditions of Employment:
- This position requires additional hours beyond the typical work week, including mornings, evenings, occasional overnight, and frequent weekend work as needed to meet the business needs of the operation.
- Must attend all regattas, usually scheduled to take place outside of regular business hours.
- This is a part-time position at approximately 20 hours per week.
- This part-time position is expected to work from August 1st – December 15th and then again from January 16th – June 16th.
William & Mary values diversity and invites applications from underrepresented groups who will enrich the research, teaching and service missions of the university. The university is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and encourages applications from women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.Background Check Statement:
William & Mary is committed to providing a safe campus community. W&M conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.Benefits Summary Statement:
William & Mary offers our employees a full array of benefits including retirement, health insurance with options for expanded dental and vision along with group and optional life insurance with coverage for spouse and children, flexible spending accounts, and an EAP (Employee Assistance Program).
Our employees enjoy additional university benefits such as educational assistance, professional development, wellness benefits, and a robust holiday schedule. All employees have access to fitness facilities on campus. Staff members also have access to the university libraries, and much more. To learn more, go to: https://www.wm.edu/offices/hr/currentemployees/benefits/index.php