Present Position Number:
01253WRole Code Title:
Financial Specialist IPosition Title:
Sponsored Programs AssistantUnit Mission Statement:
The William and Mary Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) is charged with management of all pre-award and post-award activities associated with extramural funding requested and received in support of the institution’s missions of research, education, and public service.Position Summary:
The Sponsored Programs Assistant supports the operations of the Office of Sponsored Programs and the management of externally sponsored research programs at W&M. The Sponsored Programs Assistant provides data entry support for both the OSP Database (Cayuse/SPARCS) and the university accounting system (Banner Finance), prepares invoices to external sponsors, assists in award setup and closeout, generates internal reports for administrators and faculty, and retains all required records according to the appropriate retention schedule. The Sponsored Programs Assistant also regularly maintains the OSP procedures manual and updates the OSP webpage under the direction of the Director, Compliance Manager, and Senior Sponsored Program Administrator.Required Qualifications:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Strong reading and analytical skills
- Proficiency with MS Office applications, particularly Outlook and Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to productively navigate multiple computer applications, web platforms, centralized records systems, or client databases
- Experience with diverse internal and external customers and stakeholders
Advertised Pay Range:
- Associate’s degree or Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or a closely related field
- Exposure to federal, state, and/or foundation rules and regulations related to grants and contracts.
- Knowledge of web-based proposal, payment, and awards management systems or other similar web-based applications is highly desirable.
- Experience or coursework in accounting, financial management, or business administration.
- Experience using an automated financial or accounting system.
$40K-$45K University Salary Range:
358100 Office of Sponsored ProgramsLocation:
William & MaryIs the position remote work eligible?:
Hybrid (works remotely at least 1 day per week but not full-time)Remote Work Disclaimer:
Remote work eligibility is not guaranteed and is subject to approval. Employee eligibility depends on the likelihood of the employee succeeding in a remote work arrangement and the supervisor’s ability to manage remote workers. Departments and/or Human Resources may amend, alter, change, delete, or modify eligibility.Job Open Date:
05/08/2023Review Begin Date:
05/22/2023Open Until Filled:
Full Time OperationalFLSA:
12 Month - RestrictedSpecial Application Instructions:
*This position is being reposted. Previous applicants will need to reapply Conditions of Employment:
This position is being reposted. Previous applicants will need to reapplyEEO Statement:
- This is a non-exempt position, eligible to receive overtime in accordance with the Fair Labor Standards Act and university policy. This position may be subject to overtime during high peak times, etc. as directed and approved by the supervisor.
- This position is subject to occasional travel.
- This is a restricted position, subject to availability of funding.
William & Mary values diversity and invites applications from underrepresented groups who will enrich the research, teaching and service missions of the university. The university is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and encourages applications from women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.Background Check Statement:
William & Mary is committed to providing a safe campus community. W&M conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.Benefits Summary Statement:
William & Mary offers our employees a full array of benefits including retirement, health insurance with options for expanded dental and vision along with group and optional life insurance with coverage for spouse and children, flexible spending accounts, and an EAP (Employee Assistance Program).
Our employees enjoy additional university benefits such as educational assistance, professional development, wellness benefits, and a robust holiday schedule. All employees have access to fitness facilities on campus. Staff members also have access to the university libraries, and much more. To learn more, go to: https://www.wm.edu/offices/hr/currentemployees/benefits/index.php