Health Instructor (Part-Time Faculty Pool) Clovis Community CollegeCampus Location:
Clovis Community CollegeEssential Functions of Position:
The ideal candidate will share Clovis Community College’s commitment to educating its racially and socioeconomically diverse student population. We currently enroll over 10,000 students of which 38% are Latinx, 1% are American Indian/Alaska Native, 8% are Asian, 3% are Black/African American, 42% are White, and 6% are multiracial. CCC is a Hispanic-Serving Institution, reflecting the great responsibility that the College has to the educational attainment and economic well-being of the surrounding community. The successful candidate will join a department dedicated to the use of curriculum responsive to the students it serves.
Providing instruction in Health in a variety of instructional settings and times, including evening and/or weekends, on-line or off-campus and large group instruction classes as needed, the instructor will be responsible for:
- Teaching community college health courses such as Hlth 1 and 2;
- Communicating effectively with students and staff; and
- Otherwise fulfilling all of the duties and responsibilities of instructors as required by Administrative Regulation 7122.
- Master’s in health science, health education, biology, nursing, physical education, kinesiology, exercise science, dietetics, nutrition or public health;
- Bachelor’s in any of the above AND Master’s in any biology science;
- A valid California Community College credential;
- The equivalent education and/or experience (requires an equivalency).
All candidates must have evidence of responsiveness to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, as these factors relate to the need for equity-minded practice within the classroom.Desirable Qualifications:
Salary and Benefits:
- Experience in Health education at the secondary or post-secondary level;
- Knowledge of current health issues, pedagogies, and critical thinking skills;
- Experience working with students of various ages, cultural, economic and education backgrounds;
- Experience in computer assisted instruction and other instructional technologies;
- Related work and professional experience;
- Preparation for and interest in teaching community college students;
- Recent experience working with African American, Latinx, Native American, and other racially minoritized students in the classroom and an understanding of how historical patterns of exclusions of these groups in higher education shape patterns of participation and outcomes;
- Willingness to examine and re-mediate one’s instructional, relational, and classroom practices to more effectively engage and support racially minoritized students;
- Experience and skill with addressing issues of equity in the classroom;
- Potential for contribution to institutional vitality and growth; and
- Knowledge of the community college and its mission and goals.
Starting rates are $45.49 – $61.78 for lecture and $38.67 – $52.55 for lab Sick leave accrual is based on assignment hours.Selection Procedure:
The selection and hiring process will be explained by the hiring department if the candidate is extended an opportunity to interview. Additional Information:
Please note: This position does not have a closing date and applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis until the position(s) is/are filled. By applying for this position, you understand that you will be placed in a continuous pool. If at any time you are no longer interested in this position, please contact us at email@example.com so that we can remove you from the applicant pool
This is a part-time position. Open until filled. Start dates may vary.Additional Information about the Position:
CCC Institutional Research SiteOpen Until Filled: