Health Information Technology Instructor (Part-Time Adjunct Pool) Fresno City CollegeCampus Location:
Fresno City CollegeEssential Functions of Position:
The ideal candidate will share Fresno City College’s commitment to educating its racially and socioeconomically diverse student population. As of Fall 2017, we currently enroll over 24,000 students of which 54% are Latinx, 10% are Asian/Pacific Islander, 5% are Black/African American, 23% are White, 1% American Indian/Alaska Native, and 6% are multiracial. FCC is a Hispanic-Serving Institution, reflecting the great responsibility that the College has to the educational attainment and economic well-being of the surrounding community. The successful candidate will join a department dedicated to the use of curriculum responsive to the students it serves.
Providing instruction in Health Information Technology in a variety of instructional settings and times, including evening and/or weekends, on-line or off-campus and large group instruction classes as needed, the instructor will be responsible for:
- Maintaining standards of professional conduct and ethics appropriate to the professional position and currency in teaching Health Information Technology;
- Teaching community college allied health courses such as Introduction to Health Care Careers, Medical Terminology, and Legal Issues in Health Care;
- Using a variety of pedagogies and integrating a wide range of instructional delivery systems including innovative and creative uses of technology for face-to-face, on-line, and/or hybrid formats;
- Communicating effectively with students;
- Using effective teaching methods appropriate to the subject matter, adherence to institutionally approved curriculum course outlines of record;
- Evaluating student progress through tests and examinations, written assignments, oral responses, etc. in keeping with course objectives;
- Providing course syllabi to students;
- Maintaining classroom records in accordance with District Policy;
- Turning in all required student grading and evaluation reports in a timely manner; and
- Otherwise fulfilling all of the duties and responsibilities of instructors as required by Administrative Regulation 7122.
- A bachelor’s degree and two years of directly related experience;
- An associate degree and six years of directly related experience;
- A valid California Community College Credential;
- The equivalent education and/or experience (requires an equivalency).
All candidates must have evidence of responsiveness to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, as these factors relate to the need for equity-minded practice within the classroom.Desirable Qualifications:
Salary and Benefits:
- At least one year teaching experience in an allied health subject;
- Related work and professional experience;
- Involvement in professional organizations and willingness to work with community partners;
- Experience in computer assisted instruction and other instructional technologies;
- Ability to communicate effectively (oral and written) and maintain effective working relationships with students, faculty, staff, and administration;
- Ability to develop new and current curriculum and focus on student learning outcomes to improve student learning;
- Experience working with students of various cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds;
- Recent experience working with African American, Latinx, Native American, and other racially minoritized students in the classroom and an understanding of how historical patterns of exclusions of these groups in higher education shape patterns of participation and outcomes;
- Willingness to examine and re-mediate one’s instructional, relational, and classroom practices to more effectively engage and support racially minoritized students;
- Experience and skill with addressing issues of equity in the classroom;
- Potential for contribution to institutional vitality and growth; and
- Knowledge of the community college and its mission and goals.
Starting rates are $45.49 – $61.78 for lecture, $38.67 – $52.55 for lab, and $38.30 – $52.05 for non-instructional. Sick leave accrual is based on assignment hours.Selection Procedure:
The selection and hiring process will be explained by the hiring department if the candidate is extended an opportunity to interview. Additional Information:
Please note: This position does not have a closing date and applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis until the position(s) is/are filled. By applying for this position, you understand that you will be placed in a continuous pool. If at any time you are no longer interested in this position, please withdraw your application.
FCC Institutional Research SiteAdditional Information about the Position:
Seeking instructors for the fall and spring semesters. Open Until Filled:
Fresno City College is seeking dynamic and qualified professionals to join our allied health team as a part-time faculty member. Our programs are experiencing growth based on student demand to enter professional careers in health care. We are seeking individuals with health care experience to teach entry-level coursework in allied health, medical assisting, and health information technology. Our faculty and staff are committed to the success of our students and our region.