Welding Instructor (Part-Time Faculty Pool) Fresno City CollegeCampus Location:
Fresno City CollegeEssential Functions of Position:
The ideal candidate will share Fresno City College’s commitment to educating its racially and socioeconomically diverse student population. We currently enroll over 24,000 students in which 54% are Latinx, 10% are Asian/Pacific Islander, 5% are Black/African American, 23% are White, 1% American Indian/Alaska Native, and 6% are multiracial. FCC is a Hispanic-Serving Institution, reflecting the great responsibility that the College has to the educational attainment and economic well-being of the surrounding community. The successful candidate will join a department dedicated to the use of curriculum responsive to the students it serves.
Providing instruction in Welding on the Fresno City College campus and/or at off-site community campus locations, the instructor will be responsible for:
- Developing curriculum for and instructing in the metals fabrication/welding technology program, including student learning outcomes and assisting in the coordination of the program to improve student learning;
- Instruction in oxygen-acetylene and plasma cutting, SMAW, GMAW, GTAW, FCAW, manual and semi- and automatic equipment;
- Teaching assignments in a variety of instructional settings and times, including evening and/or weekends, on-line or off-campus and large group instruction classes as needed; and
- Otherwise fulfilling all of the duties and responsibilities of instructors as required by Administrative Regulation 7122.
- A bachelor’s degree and two years of directly related professional experience;
- An associate degree and six years of directly related professional experience;
- A valid California Community College Credential;
- The equivalent education and/or experience (requires an equivalency).
All candidates must have evidence of responsiveness to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, as these factors relate to the need for equity-minded practice within the classroom.Desirable Qualifications:
Salary and Benefits:
- Skills equivalent to a certified welder in the following areas: SMAW, GMAW, GTAW, FCAW;
- Knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office programs like Word, Excel, and Power Point;
- Expected to learn and utilize the districts learning management system for classes as well as grading and attendance;
- Extent of knowledge and experience with the welding certification program;
- Extent of experience working with students of various cultural backgrounds;
- Extent of related work and professional experience;
- Experience teaching at the community college level;
- Recent experience working with African American, Latinx, Native American, and other racially minoritized students in the classroom and an understanding of how historical patterns of exclusions of these groups in higher education shape patterns of participation and outcomes;
- Willingness to examine and re-mediate one’s instructional, relational, and classroom practices to more effectively engage and support racially minoritized students;
- Experience and skill with addressing issues of equity in the classroom;
- Potential for contribution to institutional vitality and growth; and
- Knowledge of the community college and its mission and goals.
Starting rates are $45.49 – $61.78 for lecture, $38.67 – $52.55 for lab, and $38.30 – $52.05 for non-instructional. Sick leave accrual is based on assignment hours.Selection Procedure:
The selection and hiring process will be explained by the hiring department if the candidate is extended an opportunity to interview.Additional Information about the Position:
NOTE: Fresno City College’s current equivalency policy reads as follows:
FCC Institutional Research SiteOpen Until Filled:
- High School Diploma or GED, AND 10 college units in welding, AND 10 years of verifiable combined welding experience in the following areas (with at least two years in each of areas, 1, 2, and 3.
- SMAW (Shielded Metal Arc Welding)
- GMAW (Gas Metal Arc Welding)
- FCAW (Flux Core Arc Welding)
- GTAW (Gas Tungsten Arc Welding)