Search #: 497451JOB SUMMARY
Work type: Full-time
Location: Storrs Campus
Categories: Student Programs and Services
Under the direction of the Associate Dean of Students, Director of Student Care and Concern, the Student Care Team Case Manager will provide case management for students identified through the University’s Student Care Team (Care Team) and manage cases by assessing threat and providing support and intervention.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide case management and related support services for students and their families on a wide variety of adjustment, distress, and trauma issues, which includes, but is not limited to, assessing issues of concern for students, developing mitigation plans, and conducting follow-up to determine the success of and/or the need for additional referrals or interventions.
- Provide case management to high-level students of concern cases.
- Present care team presentations/trainings.
- Implement and adhere to standard case management, track and monitor students in distress and maintain real-time student records in applicable tracking tools.
- Prepare reports as needed to support the work of the Care team, Behavioral Assessment Oversight Committee, and similar University groups; provide support for administrative functions and information tracking.
- Serve as a member of the Student Care Team.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with members of the Care team, faculty, and University staff.
- Provide direct communication and follow-up, as appropriate, on students within the Case Management (Maxient) system and respond to faculty and staff concerns in a timely manner.
- Training of colleagues/campus partners on issues related to threat assessment and care team.
- Supervise a graduate assistant/practicum when assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and 6 years of related experience (2 of which must be serving as an advanced team member or project lead) OR Master’s degree in higher education in student affairs, counseling, psychology, or a related field and 4 years of related experience.
- Knowledge in areas of crisis and risk management, threat assessment, behavioral intervention, and community standards.
- Experience in, and awareness of, the sensitivity required when interacting with, supervising, and addressing the needs of a diverse community.
- Ability to exercise discretion in handling highly confidential information and work with time-sensitive materials.
- 5 plus years of progressive experience in higher education.
- Experience in areas of crisis and risk management, threat assessment, behavioral intervention, and community standards in a higher education environment.
- Case management experience.
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft systems.
- Knowledge of Maxient system.
This is a full-time, permanent position. The University offers a competitive salary, and outstanding benefits, including employee and dependent tuition waivers at UConn, and a highly desirable work environment. For additional information regarding benefits visit: https://hr.uconn.edu/benefits-beyond-pay/
. Other rights, terms, and conditions of employment are contained in the collective bargaining agreement between the University of Connecticut and the University of Connecticut Professional Employees Association (UCPEA).
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.TO APPLY
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs
, Staff Positions, Search #497451 to upload a resume, cover letter,
and contact information for three (3) professional references.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on June 1, 2023.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
Advertised: May 11 2023 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Jun 01 2023 Eastern Daylight Time