Women's Head Coach, Basketball - Part-time Adjunct Pool
Kern Community College District
Physical Education (PHED)
Please Note: Kern Community College District accepts applications for part-time, hourly faculty pools on a continuous basis. This allows the division to contact qualified applicants immediately, if a need arises without having to wait for a period of time to advertise. If there is an interest and/or need within the specific department, applicants who meet the minimum requirements will be contacted by respective department supervisors, deans and/or division chairs. Applications submitted will remain active for up to two years. Kern Community College District is soliciting applications for part-time, hourly adjunct instructors. The starting salary range is $60.00/hour; Hourly rate may vary based on type of assignment and the Lecture Hour Equivalent (LHE) formula. For more information, refer to the CCA collective bargaining agreement or your college HR office.Representative Duties
This is for an adjunct pool that will be used to staff part-time adjunct coaching positions.
Duties consist of assignments in the fall and/or spring semesters possibly the program's extended summer session.
This is an adjunct, part-time coaching Physical Education and Athletics - women's basketball coach. This assignment includes a coaching assignment teaching intercollegiate basketball to a student population that is highly diverse in terms of academic preparation, cultural, socioeconomic, and ethnic backgrounds as well as physical and learning abilities.
This assignment will also require coaching at games/tournaments that are scheduled in the evening and/or Saturdays.
This assignment will also require coaching at games/tournaments that are scheduled in the evening and/or Saturdays. Minimum Qualifications
Any bachelor's degree and two years of coaching experienceOR
Any associate degree and six years experience.
OR - The equivalent. Certain combinations of education, experience, and other accomplishments in the field may be judged as equal to the stated minimum qualifications for these positions. Candidates who feel they possess such equivalent qualifications must request and submit an APPLICATION FOR EQUIVALENCE
form. Supporting documents must be included with the completed form. Minimum Qualifications for Faculty and Administration in California Community Colleges
AND - A demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
Note: Degrees and credits must be from accredited institutions (Title V Section 53406). Any degree from a country other than the United States, including Canada and Great Britain, must be evaluated by an evaluation service.
Note: The screening of candidates will be conducted by a screening committee. The screening committee reserves the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant of an interview. Knowledge and Abilities
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate that they are broadly prepared and have a depth of knowledge in the discipline. In addition, the successful applicant will be able to demonstrate the following knowledge and abilities:
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS Completed application packet must include: Completed Online Application for Employment form Current resume Copy of legible transcripts
- Ability to plan and direct the recruitment, conditioning, training, practice, eligibility and behavioral conduct of athletes in their program;
- Provide coaching, instructional, and/or non-instructional services as specified by assignment in a diverse campus and community environment;
- Demonstrated ability to coach, develop, and promote an intercollegiate sports program;
- Evidence of continual professional involvement;
- Sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students;
- An understanding of the advantages and challenges of developing and maintaining a quality women's intercollegiate program in a rural community college;
- Ability to communicate effectively and work cooperatively with others in a team environment;
- Ability, interest, and willingness to develop and maintain working relationships with teachers at local high schools in contiguous districts to facilitate recruiting;
- Willingness to work with students having a wide range of skills, motivation, and academic or occupational goals;
- Demonstrate versatility in coaching/instructional methodology and versatility in serving a diverse student population;
- Be familiar with and observe appropriate college and Board policies, and current guidelines governing college sports, i.e. CCCAA, IEAC, NCAA;
- Willingness to promote Cerro Coso Community College through community service and outreach within the local community;
- Ability and willingness to develop appropriate fundraising activities to support the intercollegiate sports program;
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues in an environment that promotes innovation, teaching, learning and service to a diverse student population;
- Ability to effectively work with students with a wide range of skills, motivations, academic, and vocational goals;
- Knowledge of computers and willingness to explore new technologies that would benefit the program;
- Knowledge of and commitment to the California community college mission;
It is the applicant's responsibility to redact (or remove) any personal information from all documents prior to uploading. This includes Social Security Numbers, Date of Birth, and any photos of the applicant.
Foreign Degree: Applicants with foreign degrees from colleges or universities outside of the United States must have their coursework evaluated by a professional association that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or Academic Credentials Evaluation Institute, INC. (ACEI). A copy of the evaluation must be submitted with your on-line application.
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements. EEO Plan 2021-2024 Note:
The District is strongly committed to achieving staff diversity and the principles of equal employment opportunity. The District encourages a diverse pool of applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race or ethnicity, color, medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, or because he/she is perceived to have one or more of the foregoing characteristics, or based on association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law, in any of its policies, procedures or practices. Discrimination Free Work Environment
The District does not provide sponsorship for authorization to work in the United States. Work authorization should be established at the time of application submission.
All applicants must apply online at https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/kccd/jobs/4048790/womens-head-coach-basketball-part-time-adjunct-pool
. Emails will not be accepted.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency