Visiting Assistant/Associate Professor, Professional Sales & Marketing Location:
UNG-Dahlonega, GA Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
The Department of Management and Marketing is the largest department in the MCCB and includes majors in management and in marketing, with concentrations in Entrepreneurship, Digital Marketing, Professional Sales, and Logistics & Supply Chain Management in the BBA degree program. The MCCB is an AACSB-accredited business school with over 4,800 students across five campuses. The College includes the Institute for Cyber Operations, Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation, and the Truist Center for Ethical Leadership. In addition to the BBA, the College offers undergraduate degrees in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, and Technology Management, and two associate degrees. Graduate programs include the Cottrell MBA, Master of Accountancy, Master of Science in Computer Science, and four graduate certificates. The international group of teacher-scholars provides an exceptional learning community to prepare students for their professional roles and to engage with business and industry in the region to foster economic development.
The Department of Management and Marketing in the Mike Cottrell College of Business (MCCB) at the University of North Georgia (UNG) invites applicants for the position of Visiting Associate Professor in Professional Selling & Marketing beginning with the Fall 2023 semester. The successful candidate is expected to teach undergraduate courses on multiple UNG campuses. There may be an opportunity to teach in the graduate program.
- Use innovative teaching and learning techniques to provide high-quality Professional Selling & Marketing courses
- Engage in significant and sustained scholarship related to Professional Selling & Marketing
- Engage with the business community to further the goals of the Mike Cottrell College of Business (e.g., connecting students to potential employers)
- Participate as an active, contributing member to the service activities of the College
- An earned doctorate degree in an area with a primary focus on Professional Selling & Marketing, preferably from an AACSB-accredited institution, required at the time of hire although ABDs will be considered.
- Recent substantive and significant scholarship and preferably industry experience relevant to Professional Selling & Marketing areas.
- Preference will be given to those applicants who have a record of excellent teaching and scholarship in the areas of Professional Selling & Marketing and commitment to business education
Required Documents to Attach
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae, Cover Letter, and Unofficial Transcripts
- Contact information for three professional references
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge of teaching and learning practices; knowledge of theoretical and applied concepts of Professional Selling & Marketing; ability to demonstrate best practices of written and oral communication; ability to work as part of a collaborative team; passion for working with students to develop their skills and expertise.
Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with the University of North Georgia, as determined by University of North Georgia in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
- This role is considered a position of trust.
- Position of Trust + Education
Special Applicant Instructions
- If you received any graduate degrees from an institution outside the United States, you must provide a foreign course-by-course credential evaluation by an independent evaluation service that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, Inc. (NACES). Find a full list of NACES members at http://www.naces.org/members.htm.