Lecturer (German Language)Department:
Modern Language & Literature-1090Requisition Number:
F_230086Posting Open Date:
05/17/2023Application Review Date: (To ensure consideration, please submit all application materials before review date):
06/19/2023Open Until Filled:
YesDescription of Work:
The Department of Modern Languages and Literatures at UNL seeks a full-time, one-year lecturer to teach German language and culture classes at the 100 (introductory) through 400 (advanced undergraduate) levels. The proposed load for the 2023-2024 academic year is seven (7) courses (approximately 24 credit hours) over two semesters. The proposed salary range is $34,995 (M.A.) – $38,176 (Ph.D.). The department is unable to sponsor visa applications for this position.Minimum Required Qualifications:
As an EO/AA employer, the University of Nebraska considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation. See https://www.unl.edu/equity/notice-nondiscrimination.
- Master’s degree in German studies or a closely related field by August 2023.
- Professional-level proficiency in German and English.
- Experience teaching elementary and intermediate German in a university setting.
Criminal History Background Check Required:
- Ph.D. in German studies or a closely related field by August 2023.
- Experience teaching German culture courses in a university setting.
- Experience developing courses.
NoHow to Apply:
Click “Apply for this Job” and complete the information form. Attach the following documents:
- Cover letter describing qualifications.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Statement of teaching experience and philosophy. Attach as “Other Document.”
In addition, candidates must arrange for three (3) letters of reference, one of which must focus on teaching, to be sent to Velma Lockman via email: email@example.com
.For questions or accommodations related to this position contact:
Carolyn KollmannJob Category (old):
Faculty Non-Tenure LeadingJob Type:
9 Month Position funded by grant or other form of temporary funding?: