Custodial and Maintenance Technician III - 29998 University Staff Description University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus Department: School of Medicine | Anschutz Health and Wellness Center Job Title: Custodial and Maintenance Technician III Position: #00809900 – Requisition: #29998 Job Summary:
The CU Anschutz Health and Wellness Center Fitness Center is a resource to the Anschutz Medical Campus community, as well as to our community-at-large. Our goal is to make a positive impact on individual lives through the transformative power of movement. The CU Anschutz Fitness Center is a 30,000 sq. ft. facility that houses a pool, hot tub, full-amenity locker rooms (complete with steam and sauna), as well as an indoor track, three group exercise studios, and world-class fitness equipment from TechnoGym. We are Aurora's premier fitness facility, and our staff is an integral part of our commitment to excellence.
This full-time, University staff (non-classified) position is responsible for the cleanliness, maintenance, and operational readiness of the 30,000 square feet Fitness Center facility. This position works in tandem with the custodial staff and with the campus facilities department to ensure a high-quality facility for all members. This includes acting as a liaison with any external vendors/contractors to accomplish the duties and responsibilities of the position. This position is an essential service position that is required to report without delay or interruption to provide essential services or emergency services to ensure the health, safety, and welfare of campus residents. Weekend and night hours may be required for this role. Key Responsibilities:
Why Join Us:
- Assists the custodial staff in cleaning of the facility and laundry services.
- Updates routines as needed to keep the facility in line with best practices as to safety.
- Works closely with the campus facilities department and the campus building lead to ensure operational readiness.
- Performs daily walkthroughs to visually observe facility and equipment for potential issues.
- Coordinates with outside vendors for maintenance and repairs of facilities and equipment
- Coordinates with university and outside entities to ensure cleaning and maintenance supplies are adequately stocked.
- Coordinates and works with Fire and Life Safety to ensure compliance.
- Coordinates and works with Environmental Health and Safety to ensure safety with all chemicals and biohazards present on site.
- Acts as lead and works closely with equipment vendor on warranty repairs to ensure equipment is fully functioning.
- Ensure County pool inspections are passed, or violations rectified.
- Ensure pool, spa chemicals, and water quality are up to county specifications. Perform preventative maintenance on all pool lines as needed.
- Assist in ordering and stocking all custodial, pool and other area supplies.
- Ensure custodial equipment is functioning or acquires new equipment.
- Responsible for compliance with all University of Colorado policies and procedures which include but are not limited to risk management and safety.
- Assists with other areas of the Fitness Center as needed.
- Assists with cleaning of lobby and other first floor areas as directed.
- Makes or arranges for the necessary repairs, including replacing or modifying components and/or parts.
The Anschutz Health and Wellness Center resides within the School of Medicine at the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus. The Anschutz Health and Wellness Center (AHWC) is an interdisciplinary center whose overarching goals are to have an impact on the campus while building towards sustainability. Either of these alone is insufficient. We strive to achieve both. Top researchers work side-by-side with clinicians to develop and deliver wellness and weight loss programs and work with patients, providers, students and trainees, employees, researchers to take these programs beyond the walls of the center into communities. The mission of the center is "to collaborate with campus partners to develop and deliver programs and services targeting physical activity, nutrition, and mental wellbeing that enhance the lives of people who come here."
The University of Colorado offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, tuition benefits, ECO pass, paid time off – vacation, sick, holidays and more. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits-wellness
. Diversity and Equity:
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty, and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities, persons within the LGBTQ+ community and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment. Qualifications: Minimum Qualifications:
- One (1) year of previous fitness facilities or similar facility maintenance.
- One (1) year of previous experience equipment or machine maintenance and repair.
- Current CPR/AED/First Aid certification or ability to be obtained within 30 days of hire.
- Certified Pool Operator or ability to obtain certification within 90 days of hire Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire.
A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis. Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire. Preferred Qualifications:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Experience with Technogym brand equipment.
- Bilingual (Spanish-English).
How to Apply:
- One year of knowledge of related OSHA and EPA regulations and ability to effectively communicate regulations to others.
- Knowledge of University of Colorado policies and procedures as it relates to fire and life safety and facilities management.
- Ability to work effectively with a cohesive team.
- Ability to understand and work within a complex institution with government and regulatory and compliance policies and procedures.
- In depth knowledge of fitness center building infrastructure such as pool, spa, and HVAC.
- Demonstrated success working in an integrated environment and working within a cross-functional team, including outstanding written and verbal communication, documentation, and presentation.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
For full consideration, please submit the following document(s):
1. A letter of interest describing relevant job experiences as they relate to listed job qualifications and interest in the position.
2. Curriculum vitae / Resume
3. Three to five professional references including name, address, phone number (mobile number if appropriate), and email address.
Questions should be directed to: Candice Baumgardner, email@example.com Screening of Applications Begins:
Screening of applications begins immediately and continues until position is filled. For best consideration, apply by May 30th
, 2023. Anticipated Pay Range:
The starting salary for this position has been established as $44,676.00
The above hiring range represents the University's good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting. This position may be eligible for overtime compensation depending on the level.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125 ADA Statement:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Background Check Statement:
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students, and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. Vaccination Statement:
The University of Colorado has a requirement for COVID-19 vaccinations and full completion thereof by 9/1/21 or upon start date. Information regarding this requirement, and exemptions can be found at:
Anschutz: https://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=4198185&targetURL=The University of Colorado has a requirement for COVID-19 vaccinations and full completion thereof by 9/1/21 or upon start date. Information regarding this requirement, and exemptions can be found at:
- Anschutz Campus – Accommodations may be granted for medical or religious reasons.
The University of Colorado seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty, and staff of diverse backgrounds.
Application Materials Required: Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References Job Category
: Facilities/Labor,Trades & Crafts Primary Location
: Aurora Department: U0001 -- DENVER & ANSCHUTZ MED CAMPUS - 21519 - SOM-Health&Wellness FitnessCtr Schedule
: Full-time Posting Date
: May 17, 2023 Unposting Date
: Ongoing Posting Contact Name: Candice Baumgardner Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00809900
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency