Current UC employees must apply internally via SuccessFactors > http://bit.ly/UCEMPL
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati ranks among the nation’s best urban public research universities. Home to more than 47,000 students, 10,500 faculty and staff and 330,000 alumni, UC combines a Top 35 research university with a physical setting The New York Times calls “the most ambitious campus design program in the country.” With the launch of Next Lives Here, the Cincinnati Innovation District, a $100 million JobsOhio investment, eight straight years of record enrollment, worldwide leadership in cooperative education, a dynamic academic health center and entry into the Big 12 athletic conference, UC’s momentum has never been stronger. UC’s annual budget tops $1.6 billion and its endowment totals $1.9 billion.
As one of the oldest medical schools in the country, the University Of Cincinnati College Of Medicine (COM) has a reputation for training best-in-class health care professionals and developing cutting-edge procedures and research that improves the health and clinical care of patients. In partnership with the UC Health academic healthcare system and Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center, College of Medicine's doctors are transforming the world of medicine every day. The Department of Neurosurgery is a top-tier department with world-renowned faculty and staff. The University of Cincinnati Department of Neurosurgery is driving the direction of how our field is practiced. As an internationally-recognized program, University of Cincinnati Department of Neurosurgery is where patients and other clinicians turn to for care of complex neurosurgical issues. We are an academic leader and resource for the region because we don't just treat patients, we are developing better ways to do so.
The University of Cincinnati Department of Neurosurgery is seeking a Clinical Instructor for a one-year fellowship in Spine surgery. We are seeking a neurosurgeon who has graduated from an accredited residency and is able to receive an unrestricted Ohio medical license. The Clinical Instructor would join an already existing complex spine division of five neurosurgeons within a comprehensive department covering all subspecialty areas including endovascular, neuro-oncology, skull-base, neurotrauma and functional neurosurgery.Essential Functions
Provide a broad-based patient care in clinical specialty including inpatient and outpatient care.
- Responsible for precepting of medical students and/or residents as well as providing lectures or leading small group discussions as part of the COM or residency curriculum.
- Act as a liaison between the current residents and attending physicians at UCMC, CCHMC, and VAMC.
- Supervise clinical duties, administrative functions and other activities determined by the program director and other senior faculty.
- Coordinate and triage outside admissions to UCMC medical teams.
- Serve as on-call physicians for UCMC, VAMC, and CCHMC medical services 365 days/year.
- Mentor residents as they progress through training.
- Create and maintain the academic curricula including academic half-day, morning report, and advanced ambulatory practice conferences among others.
- Participate in hospital and medical school committees as appropriate.
- Perform related duties based on departmental need. This job description can be changed at any time.
Compensation and Benefits
- MD or DO
- Licensure by the State of Ohio Medical Board.
- Completion of a Neurosurgery residency program.
- Board certified/Board eligible in Neurosurgery.
UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Competitive salary range dependent on the candidate's experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
FOR ALL FACULTY HIRES OFFICIAL ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPTS WILL BE REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF HIRE
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:HEJ, SF:INS SF:HERC SF:DIV SF:LJN SF:IHE