Job Summary: The instructional designer will work closely with faculty and staff to design, develop, and implement online, hybrid, and face-to-face courses at the university. The instructional designer will be responsible for creating and evaluating engaging and effective learning experiences informed by desired
learning outcomes that promote student success, engagement, and achievement.
- Collaborate with faculty to design and develop high-quality courses that use evidence-based instructional strategies to deliver on course objectives and student learning outcomes.
- Design and develop course materials, including instructional videos, interactive learning activities, assessments, and multimedia content.
- Ensure that all course materials are accessible, engaging, and effective for diverse learners.
- Provide pedagogical training and support to faculty in the effective use of instructional technologies, including learning management systems, web conferencing platforms, and other educational software through workshops, webinars, and video tutorials.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of online and hybrid courses through assessments and data analysis and make recommendations for improvements.
- Work with Graduate Assistants and students in the Media Center to support the development of audio and visual material for delivery in all course modalities.
- Develop and implement appropriate technology and instructional solutions for teaching and learning.
- Stay up-to-date on emerging trends and best practices in instructional design, technology, and online learning.
- Master's degree in instructional design, educational technology, or related field.
- Demonstrated experience designing and developing online and hybrid courses in a higher education environment.
- Knowledge of instructional design theories, practices, and principles.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in instructional technologies, including learning management systems, web conferencing platforms, and educational software.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with the ability to work effectively with faculty, staff, and students from diverse backgrounds.
This is a full-time position with a competitive salary and benefits package. The successful candidate will be an integral part of the university's mission to provide high-quality, accessible education to a diverse population of students.