Join a creative team at a top-ranked university and play a pivotal role in shaping the communication and marketing efforts for non-credit programs! The University of Denver is dedicated to the public good. The institution provides hands-on learning experiences and is committed to a four-dimensional student experience based on exploring character, pursuing careers and lives of purpose, advancing intellectual growth, and promoting well-being. The University of Denvers college of professional and continuing studies, University College, is a leader in adult education, providing meaningful and affordable educational experiences specifically designed for busy adults.
University College is seeking a proactive, creative Marketing Manager who will produce marketing content and communication for non-credit and academic programs offered through University College, in addition to other programs as assigned. This individual will collaborate with program leads on marketing strategy and execution and develop, create, and measure communication, marketing, and advertising plans; manage social media; produce graphics and print collateral; write, design, and edit newsletters, emails, website content, and content for other communication channels; manage and promote events; and lead publicity and media relations efforts.
As a member of the University College marketing team, this collaborative part-time position will interface with non-credit and other programs to ensure the successful delivery of marketing and communication projects. Offering excellent customer service to internal stakeholders, the Marketing Manager will manage marketing projects from start to finish - on time and within budget - to raise the profile and increase enrollments for programs such as the Enrichment Program, Center for Professional Development, the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI), boot camps, and other programs as assigned.
The Marketing Manager will follow best practices in marketing with a focus on continuing education marketing and will align with University Colleges core values: honor the individual, champion learning, transform lives, work together, and pursue excellence. We also value transparency. The interview process for this role will include a preliminary phone screening, then those selected to move forward will interview with the hiring committee (via Zoom or in person), and culminate in an opportunity to meet the marketing team along with the dean and an assistant/associate dean for a final interview.
This is a non-benefited position not to exceed 1,000 hours in a calendar year.
- Produce creative work and content that helps promote assigned programming, including social media content, ads, flyers, emails, newsletters, blogs, videos, and other marketing materials.
- Develop marketing and advertising plans, paid and organic, that seek to meet enrollment goals.
- Write and edit content for a variety of channels and media.
- Edit, write, and maintain accuracy of websites and blogs using WordPress and Drupal.
- Lead public relations efforts and serve as the primary point of contact for media related to assigned programming.
- Identify storytelling opportunities and pitch to media.
- Work collaboratively with the University College marketing team, internal stakeholders, and community partners to deliver exceptional customer service.
- Provide quality control (accuracy of information, on brand/message, on time, on strategy, on budget) and develop and manage marketing project timelines.
- Oversee marketing and communication campaign performance for assigned programming.
- Track and reconcile expenses.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proven skills in writing, editing, and designing across a variety of channels and media
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Proven project management skills with experience balancing multiple priorities, deadlines, and budget allocations
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Photoshop, InDesign, and/or Canva
- Demonstrated experience in organic and paid social media management
- Goal-oriented, entrepreneurial, and self-starter who is flexible
- High degree of emotional intelligence and strong intercultural appreciation and awareness
- Helpful, motivated to serve others, and collaborative spirit
- Demonstrates ability to maintain a positive attitude and be part of a "yes we can" team
- Commitment to advance diversity, equity, and inclusion and adhere to ethical marketing practices
- Bachelors degree
- 3-5 years of experience executing marketing and advertising initiatives across multiple channels
- Bachelors degree in marketing, communication, public relations or related field
- 5 years of experience executing marketing and advertising initiatives across multiple channels
- Experience in Photoshop, InDesign, and/or Canva
- Understanding of online, continuing, and/or professional education
- Experience in WordPress and Drupal
In accordance with the Universitys work from home policy, all University College employees are eligible to be considered for partial remote work. Further details regarding this plan will be determined with the hiring manager and are dependent on the division and team specific needs. This position will work 20 hours per week.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) May 29th, 2023.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
The hourly range for the position is $24.00-$27.00.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications o the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidates sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers some benefits for non-benefited employees. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
The University of Denver is an equal opportunity employer. The University of Denver prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, age (40 years and over in the employment context), religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, veterans status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under federal, state, or local law, regulation, or ordinance in any of the universitys educational programs and activities, and in the employment (including application for employment) and admissions (including application for admission) context, as required by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972; Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended in 2008; Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973; Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964; the Age Discrimination Act of 1975; the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967; and any other federal, state, and local laws, regulations, or ordinances that prohibit discrimination, harassment, and/or retaliation. For the universitys complete Non-Discrimination Statement, please see https://www.du.edu/equalopportunity/non-discrimination-statement.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.