Director of Change Management - 502414
Reporting to the Senior Associate VP for Business Affairs Strategy, the Director works at the nexus of people, process, technology, and culture to support the effective adoption of campus-wide Business Affairs and UR Better transformation initiatives and help ensure that the strategic outcomes of those initiatives are realized. The near term (30 months) responsibilities of this position will serve as the change management lead for the Enterprise Resource Management (ERP) and Human Capital Management (HCM) implementation. The Director works across the community to ensure awareness of ERP and HCM activities, transparency in communications, and community buy-in for transformation goals. Engages community members at all levels in facilitating project teams, evaluating business processes, and designing new, streamlined and implementing collaborative approaches that leverage technology tools and services effectively, in keeping with University of Richmond guiding principles and desired cultural practices. Assesses ERP + HCM project efficacy and practices and develops new and adjusted approaches to keep team members engaged and ERP + HCM initiative on track with respect to cultural and process changes. Ensures that project teams and community members are effectively oriented to new tools and technology services, and shares responsibility for ensuring that new administrative approaches are adopted effectively and strategically within teams and across the University.
ERP and HCM Implementation Responsibilities Include:
- Draft and implement a project Organizational Change Management (OCM) plan, including stakeholder analysis, establishing a change management network to engage and implement a communication plan, developing and implementing an education and training strategy, a change resistance plan, and effectiveness measures.
- Identify stakeholders and drive effective, targeted communications…building change awareness and promoting outcome benefits.
- influence technology testing and training strategies …to support staff and faculty in the move to new systems and promote proficient technology utilization.
- monitor and assess behavior and skill transformation …to ensure benefit realization, value creation, ROI and the achievement of set goals.
- Assists with the change management strategy related to new and re-designed business/administrative processes to enable an efficient implementation and adoption of redesigned processes.
Post-ERP Implementation Responsibilities Include:
- In conjunction with Business Affairs and UR Better and TBD post-implementation team, leads University administrative change management programs and planning, focusing on effective university-wide participation and collaboration in implementation projects; successful community adoption; effective ongoing management of new programs, tools, and services; and successful achievement of transformation goals.
- In conjunction with Human Resources Organization Effectiveness, leads training and orientation for assigned transformation initiatives, developing and implementing training resources (from University of Richmond and external sources).
- Leads communications and outreach for specific transformation initiatives, developing and implementing communications strategies (utilizing resources from University of Richmond and external sources), managing communications mechanisms (websites, email lists, etc) and ensuring that the campus community is kept informed in effective and transparent fashion.
- Shares responsibility for the evaluation and assessment of the campus transformation project experience, to identify practices that are working and practices that need improvement; works with University of Richmond leadership, University of Richmond technology governance groups, and external partners to modify technology project and service management approaches as indicated by assessment outcomes.
- Participates in planning, decision making and project development with University of Richmond and external leadership partners, to ensure effective change management strategy, adoption, and collaboration across assigned transformation initiatives and services.
- Supervises assigned staff, including priority and goal setting, performance management, mentoring, recognition, and professional development.
- Experience teaching and supporting other members on a team, sharing knowledge freely and building up the team.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly and effectively and communicate about them in terms appropriate for different audiences with different levels of technical aptitude and experience.
- Demonstrated hands-on capability in a wide range of industry standard productivity and collaboration tools.
- Demonstrated success facilitating group work and discussions around business process, IT projects and organizational change, with the ability to engage stakeholders of different levels, technical knowledge, and awareness of strategic goals.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in managing multiple complex projects and priorities simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to listen effectively, calibrate appropriately, identify critical paths quickly, and develop and win support for a cooperative vision.
- Superior written, interpersonal, editing and communications skills, with exceptional attention to detail.
- High degree of personal initiative, dedication, and commitment to making communication and change efforts successful and of the highest quality.
- Demonstrated ability to provide superior client service to all levels of the organization with diplomacy, tact, and confidence.
- Demonstrated ability to use independent judgment, be entrusted with confidential information, with the dependability, flexibility, and sense of humor necessary to work effectively in a complex, constantly changing environment.
- Demonstrated successful experience advising stakeholders at all levels, making strategic and operational decisions, and managing expectations across cross-functional teams.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Information Systems or another related field required. Masters Preferred.
- 7+ years of relevant experience
- Change Management certification or designation desired; Prosci Certification preferred
- Prior experience with an ERP deployment project preferred.
- Prior experience in higher education preferred.
- Full-time, exempt position
- Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.; 7.75 hrs./day; 38.75 hrs./week
Pay Grade 10 (Hiring Range $95,000.00 to $135,000.00 annually)
At the University of Richmond, we're creative, inclusive, and determined. We're Spiders, and our mission is to create positive change in the UR community and beyond. Located minutes from downtown Richmond, Virginia, the University of Richmond (www.richmond.edu) blends the intimacy of a small college with exceptional academic, research, and cultural opportunities usually found only at large institutions. There's only one place like Richmond.
UR is committed to developing a diverse faculty, staff and student body, and to modeling an inclusive campus community which values the expression of differences in ways that promote excellence in teaching, learning, personal development and institutional success. In keeping with this commitment, our academic community welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds and candidates who support diversity. EOE