Galen College of Nursing is a vibrant and growing, single-purpose nursing college focused on expanding access to quality nursing education. Our culture is at the forefront of everything we do. Galen’s fundamental goals are to be the best place for nursing education and the best place to work and one cannot be true without the other.
At Galen College of Nursing, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Mental Health Coverage
As you consider joining Galen, please carefully consider how you will model the culture we embrace and look to sustain. A culture where good ideas can come from anywhere and transparency is vital. Respect, accountability and integrity are non-negotiables, and commitment is created and sustained through the development of all employees. We care about each other and our students. We look for ways to exceed expectations and we are always looking for ways to improve and grow, while delivering the promise of extraordinary nursing education, matched only by a commitment to our students’ success.
If you feel our culture aligns with your strength of experience, attitude and authentic desire to work with great people to help changes lives, we’d love to talk!
The Associate Director of Accreditation will provide leadership and support in the areas of institutional and programmatic accreditation. The outcome of these efforts is to support the College’s continued good standing with all accrediting bodies (including but not limited to SACSCOC, ACEN, and CCNE) and demonstration of College-wide continuous quality improvement. The Associate Director will also assist with state authorization and regulatory related applications and procedures.
- Provide leadership in assuring programs at all campuses meet applicable accreditation standards and criteria.
- Maintain consistent, up-to-date knowledge of all accrediting and regulatory agency standards and institutional policies and procedures.
- Research and interpret institutional, accreditor, and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Provide policy recommendations for the College based on best practices in higher education, internal findings, and regulatory guidelines.
- Prepare, review, and edit materials required for accreditation applications and site visits. Support campus visits from accrediting bodies and regulatory agencies.
- Provide guidance and work closely with staff to design and develop an electronic exhibit room, and materials for accreditation off-site and on-site review.
- Identify and implement strategies for improvement and consistency related to accreditation.
- Chair and/or participate in appropriate accreditation committee meetings and monitor and report on committee activities. Monitor information from accrediting agencies and disseminate timely updates to appropriate deans, program directors, faculty, staff, and external stakeholders.
- Provide updates on accreditation changes to Executive Management, advising and developing guidance for policy adherence.
- Develop and lead training programs to improve compliance with accrediting standards and criteria.
- Audit campus and department compliance with Galen, accreditor, and regulatory agency policies, procedures, guidelines, and best practices.
- Identify potential and existing areas of vulnerability and risk within the institution and recommend corrective actions for resolution.
- Report areas of concern or non-compliance.
- Coordinate updates to all institutional publications, including the College website and Student Catalog and review all published materials for compliance with applicable regulations.
- Monitor local, regional, and national publications for news and events that may impact the College.
- Other duties as assigned by the Senior Director of Accreditation, Compliance, and Regulatory Affairs and the Associate Director of Regulatory Affairs and Compliance.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree; master’s degree preferred.
- Three (3) years of accreditation experience in a higher education setting.
- Must possess decisiveness, confidence, flexibility, and ability to adapt to change.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills demonstrated at all organizational levels.
- Excellent judgment, problem solving, analytical abilities with high attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize and organize projects to meet deadlines.
- Willingness and ability to travel to support institutional efforts at each campus.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Must be highly organized with ability to work in a team environment, multitask and prioritize projects.
- Must have an ability to respect at all times the confidential nature of the work and information in the Executive’s office.
Degree of Supervision: Minimal