JOB TITLE: Manager of Corporate and Community Relations
DEPARTMENT: University Advancement
REPORTS TO: Vice President of University Advancement
JOB STATUS: Full-Time (at least 37.5 hours/week)
LOCATION: River Forest, IL
PRIMARY PURPOSE/ POSITION SUMMARY:
Dominican University is seeking a Manager of Corporate and Community Relations to foster institutional relationships and partnerships for the University. Reporting to the Vice President of University Advancement, this individual will be responsible for building a dynamic, results-oriented program which builds partnerships and secures investments in support of university priorities.
ABOUT DOMINICAN UNIVERSITY:
Dominican University is a Catholic, comprehensive teaching university located in River Forest, a suburb of Chicago. Dominican University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission as a baccalaureate, master’s, and doctoral degree-granting institution. It is highly regarded for its academic rigor and thoughtful accompaniment of students, its intentional affordability and values-based, relationship-centered learning environment. Dominican currently enrolls 3211 students, which includes 2136 undergraduates and 1075 graduate students. Sixty-six percent (66%) of our undergraduate students identify as Latinx, 5% are Black or African American, and 3% are Asian. Under-represented minority students, make up 74% of the DU undergraduate enrollment and 41% of the graduate enrollment. Over 90 percent receive some type of financial aid. About half of all undergraduates are first-generation college students; half are federal Pell Grant recipients, illustrating their families’ level of income; and more than half are eligible for low-income MAP grants from the State of Illinois. Recognized since 2011 as a Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI), a federal designation of the U.S. Department of Education, Dominican is committed to expanding and enhancing educational opportunities for Latinx students and all students from historically underrepresented groups.
JOB COMPONENTS/PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage a pipeline of corporate and community partners and prospects, with annual goals for establishing connections, proposals and ultimately solicitations for financial support of Dominican University and its strategic priorities.
- Conduct research on giving and grant trends to make recommendations for proposals and programs.
- Coordinate site visits with prospective partners, including developing and presenting proposals and briefing faculty and staff in attendance as required in order to achieve successful outcomes.
- Maintain and assist in the coordination of proposals to corporate and institutional partners for Dominican’s strategic priorities.
- Oversee stewardship of corporate and institutional partners and work closely with campus partners to foster and deepen these relationships.
- Develop resource documents for use by University Advancement staff, including template proposals, Power Point presentations, funding initiative summaries, and fact sheets, letters, etc.
- Represent Dominican at community meetings, neighborhood activities and etc., as requested.
- Assist with other UA functions, such as screening sessions, presidential briefings, committee meetings and volunteer activities, as needed and necessary.
- Perform additional duties as needed and as assigned. Some evening and weekend work is required.
All qualifications are required unless otherwise indicated.
- A four-year undergraduate degree from an accredited university or college;
- Must be committed to fostering an equitable and inclusive working and learning environment
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills among all organizational levels
- Strong written and oral communication and writing skills;
- Professional presence
- Demonstrated ability to work in an organized manner and manage time efficiently and effectively, with attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to maintain and manage confidential and/or sensitive information with a high-level of tact and discretion.
- Strong computer literacy skills, including Microsoft Office, CRMs, and other information systems.
A background screening is required.
Dominican University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is dedicated to the goal of building an equity-centered faculty and staff committed to teaching, working, and learning in a multicultural environment. Dominican University believes that justice, equity, and inclusion are critical to our growth and development and seek to recruit, develop, and retain from a diverse pool of applicants who bring varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds. If you need accommodations due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.