Manager of CyberRange Services
As a member of the Leahy Center team, the Manager of CyberRange Services is responsible for the daily operation of the Leahy Center CyberRange team. All of the ancillary tasks related to operating a CyberRange with student labor will be within the purview of this position. Additionally, the Manager of CyberRange Services provides upper-level technical support for complex issues.
This role is responsible for the leadership of the CyberRange staff, providing project management duties, acting as the main point of contact between the CyberRange team and the Leahy Center. The Manager of CyberRange Services reports to the Leahy Center Manager.
Experience providing an infrastructure with high availability requirements beyond standard business hours is preferred. Knowledge of technology resiliency, disaster recovery, and business continuity planning is essential. Strong candidates have the ability to analyze and resolve problems that may arise during the course of normal operations.
This position is a 1-year (June 2024) temporary position based on external funding.Key Responsibilities
- Provide advanced-level technical support on issues not resolved by student teams.
- Coordinate staff when responding to emergencies and alarms.
- Strategic initiatives.
- Monitor performance of CyberRange systems to determine cost and productivity levels, and to make recommendations for improvement.
- Manage all invoicing and client-facing work budgets related to CyberRange Services.
- Monitors internal network and performance and health.
- Research and implement.
- Help define IT infrastructure strategy, architecture, and processes.
- Research and recommend new security standards.
- Researches new technologies, strengthens knowledge of existing technologies, and conducts high-level planning for technology platforms and paths.
- Establish policies and procedures for use by the CyberRange team.
- Create and implement policies and procedures for the Security Managed Support Services team.
- Maintain the policies and training required for CyberRange employees to be engaged.
- Hire, schedule, train, and supervise student employees
Due to grant stipulations, candidates must be current citizens of the United States or lawful permanent residents (Green Card holders).
- 2-5 years of experience working in IT operations.
- Experience leading and managing large IT projects and rolling out IT infrastructures across various technologies
- Strong critical thinking and decision-making skills
- A Bachelor's degree in Systems Administration, Information Assurance, Cybersecurity, Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
- Experience with Virtualization technologies to include, VMWare, Vcenter, ESXi, Vsphere, etc. ? Experience working with Linux.
The successful completion of a criminal background check is required as a condition of employment.
Application materials must include a resume/CV and a letter of interest (Cover Letter) specifically addressing the desired qualifications.
Champlain College does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, place of birth, ancestry, religion, age, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, veteran or military service status, HIV -positive status, qualified disability, or on the basis of any other status protected by law, and does not discriminate in the administration of its education and admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, employment practices or co-curricular and other College-administered programs. Champlain College will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified students, applicants for admission or employment, or employees. Please contact the People Center at 802.651.5800 with questions concerning the hiring process or future employment at Champlain College, or if auxiliary aids or services are needed to apply for employment at Champlain College.
Champlain College is committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community. Recognizing that diversity is both a reflection of our world and a source of rich education, Champlain strives to be diverse and inclusive in ways that reflect the world in which we live and work. All members of the Champlain community are valued as individuals.
The College seeks candidates who, through their work and life experiences, service to the community, teaching or research can contribute to the diversity, inclusivity and academic excellence of Champlain College. Please include information about how you would contribute to these efforts and help to further this goal in your letter of interest/cover letter.
In order to be considered for the position, you must upload a resume.
EU Employee Data Protection Notice:https://www.champlain.edu/privacy/eu-employee-data-protection-notice
To apply, visit https://champlain.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=161819&CNTRNO=0&TSTMP=0
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency