Job no: 492962
Work type: Faculty (Full Time)
Job Title: Assistant/Associate Professor of Organizational Leadership
Reporting Relationship: Chair, Division of Leadership & Followership Studies
Unit: National & Global
Department: CAPS-Leadership & Followership Studies
Campus Location: Online/RemoteSummary of Position:
The DeVoe School of Business, Technology, & Leadership is seeking an accomplished individual to join the faculty in our Division of Leadership & Followership Studies. The selected candidate will provide thought leadership that positively influences the quality and relevance of program offerings in organizational leadership, both current and under development. They will make substantial contributions that will increase the visibility of IWU’s leadership degrees and integrate new technologies for teaching and learning via on-campus, online, and blended modalities, including research related to IWU initiatives in collaboration with the Chancellor’s office, the School, and the Division. In addition to this highly collaborative work, he or she is expected to be a leader across the university and within the broader academic and professional communities to embrace the university’s Christian mission. The position is a full time Assistant/Associate Professor, 12-month per year appointment. It is a distance faculty position, but the selected candidate will be required to come to campus in Marion, Indiana, multiple times per year. Some of the teaching assignments will have an onsite, face-to-face classroom component.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Integrate Christian faith with learning for all subjects taught and all activities conducted as faculty
- Teach assigned courses
- Courses are taught online and onsite
- Teach at the annual PhD Summer Residency
- Attend other required activities in Marion or at other IWU Regional Educational Centers approximately three times per year
- Be the subject matter expert and lead faculty for a set of courses in the PhD program and Division
- This includes periodic syllabus and Learning Management System updates to keep material current as well as resolving any emergent issues when those courses are taught
- Courses for which the faculty may be subject matter expert include undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral courses in the organizational leadership discipline
- Demonstrate expertise in either qualitative or quantitative research methodology with qualifications to teach research methods and coach dissertation students in the method of expertise
- Perform program-related administrative tasks such as student applicant reviews, program evaluations, dissertation, research, and comprehensive exams
- Have an active research and publication agenda
- Participate in
- faculty development sessions
- university faculty meetings
- university and committee assignments
Qualifications: According to Indiana Wesleyan University employment policy all employees must possess a strong Christian commitment and adhere to the standards outlined in the IWU Community Lifestyle Statement.
- An earned doctorate in leadership or a closely related field
- Significant leadership experience, measured by both length of service and level of responsibility
- A record of effective teaching at the graduate level
- Knowledge and experience in a wide variety of global leadership contexts is preferred
- An active scholarship agenda that includes research, publications, presentations, and service
- Proficiency with multiple research methods and ability to teach doctoral-level research
- The ability to serve immediately on dissertation committees and demonstrated potential for advising future doctoral students in the capacity of dissertation committee chair
- Knowledge of online course and student assessment technologies
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures
IWU commits to create a community that reflects kingdom diversity. We will foster an intentional environment that exhibits honor, respect, and dignity. Acknowledging visible or invisible differences, our community authentically values each member’s earthly and eternal worth. We refute ignorance and isolation and embrace deliberate and courageous engagement.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
As a religious educational institution operating under the auspices of The Wesleyan Church, Indiana Wesleyan University is permitted and reserves the right to prefer employees on the basis of religion (42 U.S.C., Sections 2000e-1 and 2000e-2).
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Employees will be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Advertised: 26 Apr 2023 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 25 Jun 2023 Eastern Daylight Time