Assistant Professor (9 month; Non-Tenure Track)
Grand Forks, North Dakota, United StatesAdd to favoritesFavorited View favoritesSalary/Position Classification
Purpose of Position
- $72,000+ Contract, Exempt
- 40 hours per week
- 100% Remote Work Availability:No
- Hybrid Work Availability:No
To teach various aviation courses, advise students, and various other faculty related activities.
The Department of Aviation at the University of North Dakota seeks qualified applicants for a 9-month, non-tenure track, faculty position at the rank of Assistant. Anticipated start date for this position is August 16, 2023.Duties & Responsibilities
- The successful candidate's responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Teaching various aviation courses (4/4 course load for Assistant Professors) at the undergraduate level.
- Teaching various aviation flight courses, safety courses, UAS courses, etc.
- Advising students on academic and career aspirations.
- Serving on departmental, college and university committees, as assigned.
- Supervising students conducting scholarly activities.
- Opportunities to additionally teach in the Summer may be available.
• Ability to teach and develop a broad array of aviation courses at the undergraduate level.Minimum Requirements
• Master’s Degree in Aviation or related field
• Minimum of 3 year of professional aviation experience.
• Successful completion of criminal history records check
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the US and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.Preferred Qualifications
• Ph.D., Ed.D., M.D. or J.D. degree.To Apply
• Hold a current CFI certificate
• Evidence of established record of successful, collegiate-level classroom teaching in aviation.
To assure full consideration, applications must be received by May 15, 2023 and include the following materials:
• Letter of Application,
• Teaching, Research, and Service Statements, and
• Name and contact information for at least three professional references.