Adjunct Faculty - Clinical Mental Health CounselingAgency
Texas A&M University - Central TexasDepartment
College Of Education and Human DevelopmentProposed Minimum Salary
Killeen, TexasJob Type
The College of Education and Human Development’s Department of Counseling and Psychology is seeking an adjunct to contribute to our goal of accessible, affordable, and quality education as well as our core values of excellence and achievement, compassion, integrity, knowledge, diversity, initiative, and collaboration.
The faculty member will teach graduate courses in Counseling & Psychology with an emphasis on preparing students seeking certification as licensed professional counselors. Additional responsibilities may include student academic advising, engaging in university events, and conducting research and scholarship activities.
Summary of Qualifications
- Doctorate approved by the university and recognized by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools as appropriate to Clinical Mental Health Counseling.
- Ability in the discipline and clear promise of teaching excellence as evidenced in evaluation by peers, department head, and college dean,
- A record of scholarly activity beyond that required for completion of the terminal degree.
- Must possess the minimum credential standards of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS), which include at least 18 graduate semester credit hours in the subject area of suitable approved justifications.
- Certified Licensed Professional Counselor.
- Competent in providing clinical supervision to counselors in training.
- Effective communicator who can collaborate with a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Ph.D. from a CACREP accredited university.
- Teaching and supervision experience at the graduate level.
- Experience working in the field of mental health counseling
SALARY: $4,500 per course/per semester
Paid on a monthly basis.
Texas A&M University-Central Texas was born in the spirit of community cooperation on May 27, 2009, as a member of The Texas A&M University System, one of the largest systems of higher education in the nation. A&M-Central Texas is a military friendly, upper-level institution offering bachelors and master's degrees for life's next chapter.
The A&M University system will provide equal opportunity for employment to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity and will strive to achieve full and equal employment opportunity throughout the system.
Males, age 18 through 25, must be properly registered with the Selective Service System to be eligible for hire. This position is designated as a security sensitive position and requires a satisfactory criminal history background check.
Texas A&M University-Central Texas is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award baccalaureate, master's, and specialist degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097, or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of A&M-Central Texas.
Texas A&M University - Central Texas is an E-Verify institution of higher education.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.