Associate Director Of Admissions Data Analytics
Job Location1460 University Drive, Winchester, Virginia
Shenandoah University’s Office of Admissions is accepting applications for an Associate Director Of Admissions Data Analytics. This is a full-time benefited position located on our main campus in Winchester, Virginia
This position is a member of the Office of Admissions senior leadership team and is critical for the success of the University’s recruitment functions. Using a combination of advanced quantitative and qualitative methods, the Associate Director is responsible for the design, maintenance, execution, and summary of all recruitment and admissions-related analytics and must be able to communicate their findings to a non-technical audience. The incumbent has a direct impact on the University’s recruitment intelligence which, in turn, allows for more accurate and thoughtful decisions in the way the University recruits new students. The Associate Director must be adept at working with various campus partners and campus-wide systems to develop reporting structures that are efficient and accurate.
- Ensure timely completion of various scheduled reports which may include working with external vendors to problem solve any data-related issues that may arise
- Work closely with the AVP of Admissions and Recruitment and other admissions and non-admissions staff members to proactively provide necessary admissions and recruitment-related ad hoc reports
- Develop and continuously maintain and assess admissions predictive models
- Stay updated on global, national, regional, and local admissions, labor and societal trends, and technology so as to be able to assess their impact on Shenandoah’s recruitment operations
- Create and regularly update dashboards and reports that monitor key performance indicators of the work of the Office of Admissions
- Serve as the liaison for the recruitment-related data needs for other University offices, including, but not limited to, Institutional Research, Office of Marketing and Communications, Advancement, Alumni Affairs, and Student Affairs.
Required Minimum years or range: 3 years
Specific Type of Work: Admissions or Enrollment Management or Financial Aid
Preferred Minimum years or range: 5 or more years of direct experience in a data analytics role
- Proven experience with relational databases; SQL, Tableau, and ACCESS strongly preferred
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a high-volume setting and meet deadlines effectively
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with many different constituencies
- Experience with higher education SIS and CRM systems preferred, specifically Ellucian Colleague, CRM, and Radius
Required Level: Bachelor’s degree
Preferred Level: Master’s degree or higher
Field of Study: Mathematics, Business, Data Science
How to Apply:
The complete application will include a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references. The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until a qualified candidate is selected.
Shenandoah University is committed to enriching its educational experience and culture through the diversity of its faculty, administration, and staff. All candidates are strongly encouraged to include a statement in their cover letters addressing ways in which they may be able to contribute to that commitment.
**Note: A pre-employment background check will be required and a satisfactory driving record may be required as a condition of hire.
Shenandoah University values the unique and diverse perspectives of individuals and communities locally and globally and seeks to foster mutual understanding in an inviting community where individuals are welcome and respected. The university does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, physical, or mental disability, genetic information, veteran’s status, or on any other basis protected under applicable law.
Salary TypeNot Applicable