Director of Financial Aid
Champlain College is looking for a dynamic and knowledgeable Director of Financial Aid. The Director is responsible for the day-to-day management and operation of the Office of Financial Aid, with special emphasis on customer service and the efficient use of technology. The incumbent will take the lead in implementing policies and procedures which support the goals and objectives of the office, the Enrollment Management Division, and the College. Serving as the primary technology manager, the Director is responsible for managing the financial aid module of Ellucian Colleague and the financial aid workflow and documentation in Image Now. The incumbent will assist with the preparation of all external and internal reports, the yearly audits, and ensuring that the College remains compliant with all federal, state and institutional regulations and policies. The Director supervises and trains the staff in the Office of Financial Aid and works closely with other offices throughout the College
- Lead and manage daily office operations and customer service
- Administer federal, state and institutional financial aid programs including scholarships, grants, federal work-study and loans. Direct the review, awarding and disbursement of financial aid to traditional
- Collaborate with the other leaders to develop, plan and implement departmental goals and objectives
- Ensuring compliance with federal, state and institutional regulations and procedures
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of the office's policy and procedure manual to ensure that the College remains compliant with all regulations and to ensure the office procedures a student-centric and provide the highest level of customer service
- Partner with the leadership to develop new strategies to help families better understand their aid offers and keep all marketing materials compliant with federal regulations
- Complete the filing of federal reports, including the FISAP and yearly audits
- Maintain personal knowledge of all federal, state and institutional regulations by following all changes, reading necessary publications and attending conferences and webinars
- Serve as a liaison to undergraduate admissions team in providing service to prospective new students, serve on appeal committee for financial aid reviews and satisfactory academic progress.
- Represent the office and the College and internal and external events
- Create a service-oriented environment committed to supporting traditional students by providing high-quality financial aid counseling and support. Collaborate with internal offices and external partners to deliver financial aid services to students
- Primary technology manager for Office of Financial Aid, supporting multiple systems, dab integrity and reporting
- Manage the Ellucian Colleague financial aid module including implementation of system enhancements, maintenance of auto-packager, annual system set-up, rule writing, testing and data integrity
- Manage the Image Now document imaging process and workflow for the Office of Financial Aid
- Enhance service to students and staff through continuous evaluation and improvement of Colleague and Image Now processes and procedures
- Manage the College's Net Price Calculator, including annual updates
- Staff supervision and training
- Train staff members in various areas of financial aid; including eligibility, awarding, verification, loan processing, SAP, special conditions and the administration of all federal programs. Responsible for ensuring that all staff follow the office's policies and procedures
- Manage and supervise team members including direct reports. This includes managing and assigning workload, maintaining work schedules, and performance management around goal setting and appraisals
- Responsible for mentoring and creating professional development opportunities for the staff in order to provide them with progressive experience in the financial aid industry
- Recruit, interview and hire staff
- Related experience in a College or University setting
- Knowledge and understanding of Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) regulations
- Bachelor's degree required
- Supervisory experience
- Knowledge of Title IV Federal Student Aid regulations and able to analyze a variety of financial aid operations regarding program compliance and system support
- Expertise with U.S. Department of Education Systems (COD; NSLDS; EDconnect; SAIG). Strong database skills, including advanced experience with Excel
- Excellent interpersonal, technical, and training skills
- Demonstrated commitment to student service
- Ability to manage constant change and multiple priorities
The successful completion of a criminal background check is required as a condition of employment.
Champlain College does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, place of birth, ancestry, religion, age, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, veteran or military service status, HIV -positive status, qualified disability, or on the basis of any other status protected by law, and does not discriminate in the administration of its education and admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, employment practices or co-curricular and other College-administered programs. Champlain College will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified students, applicants for admission or employment, or employees. Please contact the People Center at 802.651.5800 with questions concerning the hiring process or future employment at Champlain College, or if auxiliary aids or services are needed to apply for employment at Champlain College.
Champlain College is committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community. Recognizing that diversity is both a reflection of our world and a source of rich education, Champlain strives to be diverse and inclusive in ways that reflect the world in which we live and work. All members of the Champlain community are valued as individuals.
Application materials must include a resume/CV and a letter of interest (Cover Letter) specifically addressing the desired qualifications. The College seeks candidates who, through their work and life experiences, service to the community, teaching or research can contribute to the diversity, inclusivity and academic excellence of Champlain College. Please include information about how you would contribute to these efforts and help to further this goal in your letter of interest/cover letter.
EU Employee Data Protection Notice:
To apply, visit https://champlain.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=161233&CNTRNO=13&TSTMP=0
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency