Support StaffClassification Title:
College Support ServicesPosition Title:
Cashier - BookstorePosition Number:
O00466Pay Grade Level:
$12.30 -$15.00 per hour.Department:
University BookstorePosting Number:
S 121301169Full or Part Time:
Part TimeNumber of Months:
Monday – Friday 9am – 1pm with flexibility. Occasional weekends andBasic Function:
full days for special events
Assist retails customers and operate cash register to complete sales. Performs miscellaneous office tasks.Essential Job Functions:
• Operates cash register, computer, calculator, duplicating and other routine office machines.Minimum Qualifications:
• Prepares and processes standard forms, purchase orders, receiving, invoices, credit memos and related documents according to departmental procedures and guidelines.
• Prepares, processes payment and ships online merchandise and textbook orders.
• Restocks inventory regularly.
• May perform receptionist duties, receiving and directing visitors to appropriate offices or personnel.
• Maintains, files, records, logs, and listings according to established systems. Searches and retrieves materials or information upon request.
• Assists in inventory.
• May assist manager and supervisors simple bookkeeping or record keeping duties, not requiring formal training.
Performs related duties as required or assigned.
Requires a high school diploma or equivalent. Retail sales experience with cash register.Preferred Qualifications:
Previous experience in academic setting is a plus. Microsoft Office experience.Physical Demands:
Ability to occasionally lift 50 poundsContact(s):
Office of Human ResourcesContact Phone/Extension:
04/15/2023Open Until Filled:
YesDenison University Background Check Statement:
The final candidate will undergo a background check as a conditional offer of employment.Denison University EEO Statement :
Denison University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To achieve our mission as a liberal arts college, we continually strive to attract and hire candidates with diverse backgrounds, experiences and identities. Denison fosters a campus community that recognizes the value of all persons regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender expression and identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or socio-economic background. For additional information and resources about diversity at Denison, please see our commitment to inclusion, diversity, equity and antiracism (IDEA) at Denison Forward.
If you require a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact the Human Resources Department at (740)587-6299 or by email at HR@denison.edu.