Lecturer of Marketing
Grand Forks, North Dakota, United StatesAdd to favoritesFavorited View favoritesSalary/Position Classification
Purpose of Position
- DOE, 9 month-contract, Exempt
- 40 hours per week
- 100% Remote Work Availability:No
- Hybrid Work Availability:No
The faculty member in this position will serve as a full time Lecturer in Marketing with primary responsibilities in teaching and service/outreach. This position is on a promotion (not tenure) track. The successful candidate will become an integral part of the growing Marketing major. Duties include a normed teaching course load of 8 courses per academic year (4 in the fall semester, 4 in the spring semester), quality professional service appropriate to the position and workload, and service to the Department, College, and University and professional communities. This position will cover critical courses needing coverage. The successful candidate should contribute to the department’s initiatives. The candidate’s contributions should align with the missions and strategic plans of the university, college, and departmentDuties & Responsibilities
- Teaching in the following areas: Marketing Foundations; Marketing Strategy, Consumer Behavior, Personal Marketing; and other core required and elective marketing and sales areas. Effective teaching of upper-level courses (undergraduate and graduate).
- Service to the department, college, and university. Maintain Professional Qualifications required for Scholarly Practitioner (SP) or Instructional Practitioner (IP) as per AACSB and College guidelines
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills to effectively communicate with students, coworkers, and various external groups.
- Ability to work with and engage diverse students and colleagues within and outside of the Marketing department
- MBA from an AACSB Accredited Program
- Evidence of quality in undergraduate and/or graduate teaching in Marketing
- Successful completion of criminal history records check
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the US and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.Preferred Qualifications
- Evidence of the ability to meet standards for Professional Qualification for of Practicing Academic as per AACSB and college standards, as indicated by reported activities in Resume.
- Experience and evidence of effectiveness in teaching within these undergraduate areas: marketing foundations; personal marketing; integrated marketing communications; professional sales; and others.
- Professional service interest or experience in sales centers and/or industry- related marketing and/or sales activities
To assure full consideration, applications must be received by April 28, 2023 and include the following materials:
- A letter addressing qualifications, including commitment to excellence in scholarship and teaching.
- A current curriculum vita.
- Transcripts. Please note, if unofficial transcripts are submitted with the application, the selected candidate will be required to submit official transcripts upon hire.
- Teaching philosophy
Position is open until filled