Part-Time Housing Custodian
Grand Forks, North Dakota, United States
Part-time Staff Temporary StaffAdd to favoritesFavorited View favoritesSalary/Position Classification
Purpose of Position
- $18.00 Hourly
- 20 hours per week
- 100% Remote Work Availability:No
- Hybrid Work Availability:No
The Housing Custodian cleans, performs upkeep and creates work orders for buildings. Moves furniture and equipment; collects waste, paper, and recycling materials; performs other custodial duties as required.Duties & Responsibilities
- Mopping, sweeping, vacuuming, shampooing, and renewing floor finishes.
- Washing windows, blinds, mirrors, walls, doors, and woodwork.
- Cleaning and dusting furniture, exhibit cases, fixtures, appliances, and related furnishings.
- Cleaning and disinfecting rest rooms in public and/or residential areas.
- Maintaining a continuous supply of paper in all dispensers.
- Collecting and picking up waste and recyclable materials, both inside and outside of buildings.
- May perform power washing, leaf removal, moving snow and may be required to operate a snow blower.
- Performs minor repairs to equipment.
- Responsible for reporting minor and major maintenance and equipment issues to appropriate personnel. • Removal of snow from entrances and cleaning of grounds outside.
- Moving and setting up furniture and equipment for events or departments.
- Locking and unlocking main building doors as required.
- Possible State Fleet vehicle use.
- Will submit supply requests and work orders.
- Responsible for University keys.
- May be required to use a university issued cell phone.
• Must be able to understand, speak, read, and write English well enough to perform the functions of the position, including reading and communicating regarding work orders, safety instructions, and chemical labels.Minimum Requirements
• Ability to work in a diverse workforce.
• High School Diploma, GED, or directly related experience.
• Successful completion of criminal history background check.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the US and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. This position does not support visa sponsorship for continued employment.