: Administrative PositionsSubscribe:
: Office of the President/Division of Strategic OperationsLocations:
: Valhalla, NYPosted:
: Apr 3, 2023Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Full-timeRef. No.:
: CSVPSO4323Position ID:
About Westchester Community College:
Westchester Community College was founded in 1946 as the New York State Institute of Applied Arts and Sciences in White Plains. In 1957, the County of Westchester bought the 360-acre John Hartford estate in Valhalla and designated 218 acres for the community college. Westchester Community College is more than just the county's largest educational institution. It is a living, breathing part of Westchester that goes beyond the influence of a typical college and affects the lives of all who enter its doors.
Under the direction of the President-Westchester Community College, the Chief of Staff and Vice President for Strategic Operations is responsible for cross-functional collaboration in providing project leadership to and on behalf of the President as well as managing content and communications to and from the Office of the President. The incumbent plans, develops, and implements systems and protocols for the continual analysis and effectiveness of business processes that affect the overall performance of the college and achievement of its strategic objectives. Responsibilities include administration, management, and evaluation of college-wide research, planning, assessment, effectiveness, and risk management. The incumbent oversees the Office of Institutional Research, Planning, and Effectiveness (OIRPE), formerly the Office of Research, Planning and Assessment; the Office of Process Strategy and Excellence, formerly the Office of Academic Assessment and Institutional Effectiveness; and the Community Usage/Facilities Rental function. The incumbent serves on the cabinet of the President and participates in the discussion, formulation, and interpretation of policies and processes. With and on behalf of the President, the Chief of Staff and Vice President for Strategic Operations directs and supervisors administrative and support staff in the Office of the President.
Enterprise Communications and Relationships
- Manages executive correspondence and serves as lead for all written communication and reports to ensure appropriate information flow to and from the Office of the President, including summary analysis of material for information or review and preparing policy proposals, informational memos, and other documents.
- Researches and prepares position papers, public remarks, presentations, and talking points that make complex business topics understandable, compelling, and inspiring.
- Represents the College and/or the College President as required at internal and external meetings or other proceedings. Acts as a liaison with other County departments; local, state, and federal government officials; consultants; the Board of Trustees and the public as assigned by the President; and collaborates with other college officials as a key strategist in the development and implementation of media relations and strategic communications.
- Directs and administers the Community Usage/Facility Rental and Reservations program.
Enterprise Systems Optimization
- Advises the President and executive leadership on the college's strategic plan and effective & efficient business operations.
- Collaborates with Institutional Advancement in engaging with faculty and staff across units to build capacity for obtaining and utilizing resources to achieve the college's strategic objectives.
- Coordinates teams to plan, design, implement, and evaluate enterprise-wide integrated business systems that achieve optimal performance aligned with College strategic goals.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams to achieve timely, high impact, relevant and responsive outcomes. Develops processes to accomplish measurable institutional goals and outcomes.
- Directs and administers the activities of the Office of Process Strategy and Excellence to integrate design thinking/systems thinking into the development and continuous improvement of college policies and procedures and ensure proper protocols for program review, general education assessment, institutional assessment, and enterprise risk management.
- Understands college policies and procedures to ensure compliance with decision-making protocols.
Enterprise Data and Analytics
- Advises the President and executive leadership on institutional research data analysis to support information dissemination, decision-making, and continuous improvement. Fosters a culture of evidence in support of data informed decision-making processes.
- Directs and administers the activities of the Office of Institutional Research, Planning, and Effectiveness (OIRPE) to support assessment activities and compliance reporting and enhance and expand data utilization strategies to achieve optimal institutional outcomes. Provides direction on the development of dashboards, key performance indicators, and reports in support of student success and institutional effectiveness.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: The successful candidate must possess a Master's Degree and eight years of professional administrative or leadership experience, three years of which must have been in teaching and learning organizations. Knowledge and commitment to the goals and mission of the community college and evidence of responsiveness to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students required, as these factors relate to the need for equity-minded practice within the classroom. The demonstrated ability to interact with a diverse staff is also required.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: An earned doctorate in a related field is strongly preferred.
SALARY & BENEFITS: The starting salary is $134,862. Additional compensation with seniority steps maximize at a salary of $200,389. Benefits include comprehensive health coverage, a choice of defined benefit or defined contribution pension plan, generous leave benefits, and access to tax sheltered annuities and a deferred compensation plan.
Applicants must apply online by submitting a letter expressing interest in this position, a resume/CV, and contact information for three professional references. You must be legally eligible to work in the United States at the time of hire. Please login to: https://sunywcc.interviewexchange.com/login.jsp in order to check/edit your profile or to upload additional documents. Priority will be given to applications received by April 26, 2023. The review of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Westchester Community College provides accessible, high quality and affordable education to meet the needs of our diverse community. We are committed to student success, academic excellence, workforce development, economic development and lifelong learning.
The College will provide equal opportunity in all of its employment practices to all persons without unlawful discrimination on the basis of political affiliation, age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, pregnancy, arrest or conviction record, membership in any reserve component of the armed forces, or use or non-use of lawful products off College premises during nonworking hours, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law.