Associate Dean for Families, Youth and Communities and Associate/Full Professor
Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
60050000 - AG-EXTENSION ADMINISTRATION
Aso Dean and Aso/Full Prof
The Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences
is committed to creating an environment of inclusive excellence that affirms diversity across a variety of dimensions, including ability, class, ethnicity/race, gender identity and expression. Inclusive excellence is the active process of including and respecting everyone as we strive for excellence and equitable outcomes in all we do at the University of Florida. We particularly welcome applicants who can contribute to such an environment through their scholarship, teaching, mentoring, and professional service. We strongly encourage historically underrepresented groups to apply.
If an accommodation due to a disability is needed to apply for this position, please call 352-392-2477 or the Florida Relay System at 800-955-8771 (TDD) or visit Accessibility at UF
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Associate Dean for Extension Families, Youth and Communities:
- Is administratively responsible to the Dean and Director for Extension within the University of Florida's Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences (UF/IFAS).
- Serves as State Program Leader for Family and Consumer Sciences and Community Resource Development; Supervises the State Program Leader for 4-H Youth Development, and jointly supervises the State Program Leader for Health Extension and Family Resource Management with their academic home department.
- Provides vision and leadership for comprehensive state Extension education programs that address critical issues for Florida's diverse clientele in relation to family, youth, and community development. This is a state with an expanding and increasingly diverse human population, and continued urbanization, along with highly rural and agricultural areas.
- Provides vision and leadership for ensuring vibrant programming in Family and Consumer Sciences, Youth Development and Community Resource Development; including the encouragement of highly collaborative work with state and county faculty and staff;
- Demonstrates commitment, passion and leadership to interdisciplinary approaches and interconnectivity among Extension Program areas;
- Provides overall leadership in the development, implementation, evaluation and communication of Extension High Priority Initiative Teams and programs that address critical issues with Families and Communities as outlined in the Extension Roadmap
- Maintains collaborative working relationships with Department Chairs, Research and Education Center Directors, and District Extension Directors at the University of Florida and Florida A&M University regarding relevant, transformational and impactful educational programming efforts;
- Works closely with the Extension Associate Dean for Agriculture and Natural Resources, and Associate State Program Leaders on planning and implementing multi- and interdisciplinary programs that are relevant to the UF/IFAS Extension Roadmap and organizational goals;
- Builds and maintains effective external relationships with outside organizations, groups, and other federal, state and local agencies;
- Collaboratively works with counterparts at the regional, national, and international levels ensuring strong visibility of UF/IFAS Extension;
- Uses strategic vision to identify and facilitate both traditional and new sources of external support in the form of grants, contracts and extramural funding in collaboration with faculty to further the mission of Extension programs;
- Proactively participates in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, tenure, permanent status, 3-year reviews, retention and professional development of state and county faculty;
In accordance with the IFAS land-grant mission, all IFAS faculty are expected to be supportive of and engaged in all three mission areas—Research, Teaching and Extension—regardless of the assignment split specified in the position description.
Commensurate with Education and Experience
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Earned doctorate (foreign equivalent acceptable) in a field relevant to Youth Development, Family and Consumer Sciences or Community Resource Development areas, and/or Public Health; Proven record of Extension leadership and must be eligible for tenure at the associate or full professor rank in their appropriate academic department; Experience and demonstrated effectiveness in leadership, as well as development, delivery, and evaluation of Extension programs that meet the needs of a target audience and create measurable impacts; Strong working knowledge of current Youth Development, Family and Consumer Sciences, Community Resource Development and public health issues in the world, US and Florida; A proactive vision of the future of Extension and the ability to effectively communicate with information users on these matters; A comprehensive understanding of county and state faculty partnership for effective educational programs; An outstanding performance record in previous employment and a demonstrated commitment to the Extension philosophy and mission; Demonstrated skills in verbal and written communication and a proven ability to interact effectively with faculty, staff, administrators and external stakeholders. Candidates must be supportive of the mission of the Land-Grant system. Candidates must also have a commitment to IFAS core values of excellence, diversity, global involvement, and accountability.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date. Nominations
Nominations are welcome. Nominations need to include the complete name and address of the nominee. This information should be sent to the Search Committee Chair at the address below.
ADDRESS ALL CORRESPONDENCE TO:
Requisition # 526386
Dr. Saqib Mukhtar
Search and Screen Committee Chair
Associate Dean and Program Leader, Agriculture and Natural Resources Extension
University of Florida
P.O. Box 110210
Gainesville, FL 32611-0430
email: email@example.com Application Information
Individuals wishing to apply should go online to Careers at UF
and submit: Letter of application, with a narrative statement of experience and qualifications related to this position; Curriculum Vitae Names and contact information of three people willing to write letters of reference.
Selected candidate will be required to provide an official transcript to the hiring department upon hire. A transcript will not be considered “official” if a designation of “Issued to Student” is visible. Degrees earned from an education institution outside of the United States are required to be evaluated by a professional credentialing service provider approved by National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES)
Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the US. The University of Florida is a public institution and subject to all requirements under Florida Sunshine and Public Record laws.
The University of Florida
is an Equal Opportunity Institution dedicated to building a broadly diverse and inclusive faculty and staff. The University and greater Gainesville community enjoy a diversity of cultural events, restaurants, year-round outdoor recreational activities, and social opportunities.
Health Assessment Required:
05 Jun 2023
To apply, visit https://explore.jobs.ufl.edu/en-us/job/526386/associate-dean-for-families-youth-and-communities-and-associatefull-professor
The University is committed to non-discrimination with respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information and veteran status in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency