Clinical Assistant ProfessorPosition Number :
001086Vacancy Open to :
All Candidates Department :
AAH SODM GDD ManagementDepartment Homepage :
https://www.ecu.edu/dental/Advertising Department :
DENTAL MEDICINE, SCHOOL OF Division :
Academic AffairsClassification Title :
Clinical Asst ProfessorWorking Title :
General Dentistry FacultyNumber of Vacancies :
2Full Time Equivalent (FTE) :
1.0Full Time or Part Time :
Full TimeRecruitment Range:
Commensurate with QualificationsPosition Location (City) :
Faculty (Teaching)Job Category :
Faculty (Teaching)Organizational Unit Overview:
The School of Dental Medicine is composed of ten administrative offices and four academic departments. The Administrative units include the Offices of the Dean, Vice Dean, Associate Dean for Student Affairs, Associate Dean for Research, Associate Dean for Clinical Affairs,Job Duties :
Associate Dean for Extramural Clinical Practices, Assistant Dean for Dental Education and Informatics, Assistant Dean for Educational Support and Faculty Development, Assistant Dean for Academic Success and the Assistant Dean for Business Operations and Financial Affairs. The four academic departments are Surgical Sciences, Pediatric Dentistry, Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics, General Dentistry and Foundational Sciences.
Included in the mission of the School of Dental Medicine is to educate dental care providers (both dental students and dental residents) and to address the oral health care needs of the underserved population of North Carolina. The School of Dental Medicine meets these missions by operating dental clinics that provide both educational experiences for the dental students and residents and provides dental care to the residents of North Carolina. These clinics occur in both Ross Hall in Greenville, North Carolina, as well as Community Service Learning Centers located throughout North Carolina. In order to operate these clinics, appropriate dental auxiliaries and clinical staff are needed.
The General Dentistry Faculty in the School of Dental Medicine is responsible for teaching all forms of comprehensive general dentistry to pre-doctoral students. This position will be in the Department of General Dentistry. The General Dentistry Faculty reports directly to the Division Director of Pre-Doctoral Clinical Education. The General Dentistry Department works in close cooperation with the Offices of Academic Support, Clinical Affairs, and Dental Education and Informatics to support the School’s programs and initiatives. In addition, the department works closely with other Schools and Colleges of East Carolina University and other components of the University of North Carolina, as well as local/regional educational and clinical programs.Specific duties include:
Minimum Education/Experience :
- Instructing pre-doctoral students in the following environments: simulation laboratory, didactic (classroom / seminar), and clinic.
- Willingness to learn or apply the skills to prepare and teach pre-clinical General Dentistry.
- Willingness and ability to cover pre-doctoral students in the clinical setting in procedures as pertaining to the General Dentistry Model of the School of Dental Medicine.
- Helping insure that the dental students are competent in the management of patients requiring all disciplines of dentistry.
- Actively participating in the school’s faculty practice.
- Participating in emergency call
- Seeking to serve on committees and boards for state/federal government agencies, professional societies, and/or within the school.
- Providing coverage as needed to the Community Service Learning Centers for clinical teaching and patient care.
- Actively engaging in community service with students / residents
- Conducting basic or clinical research, and/or other scholarly activities, that will qualify for appropriate promotion.
- Commitment to the Mission and Vision of the School of Dental Medicine including both a community- based and a generalist model of dental education. Additional duties as assigned by the Director of Pre-Doctoral Clinical Education, Chair of General Dentistry, and the Dean of the School of Dental Medicine that are essential to division’s and school’s operations.
- This position is a 12-month Fixed term (Non-Tenured Track).
- Contingent upon available funding.
License or Certification Required by Statute or Regulation :
- DDS or DMD from a Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA) accredited institution
- Eligibility for licensure in North Carolina
Preferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education :
- Eligibility for licensure in North Carolina
Special Instructions to Applicant :
- Experience delivering evidence-based teaching and practice.
- Advanced Education in General Dentistry Certificate or General Practice Residency Certificate or Fellowship or Masters in Operative or a Comprehensive Dentistry Residency Certificate (2yrs)
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.Additional Instructions to Applicant:
Application screening begins on 11/29/2022 and will continue until the position is filled. In order to apply, candidates must submit the following materials online at www.jobs.ecu.edu:
1) Curriculum Vitae/Resume2) Cover Letter3) List of References
As part of the screening process, the references provided may be contacted.
At the time of employment two to three original letters of reference, official transcripts, a criminal background check, and proper documentation of identity and employability are required.
Applicants must complete a candidate profile by creating an account (see “Create Account” by following the link ) online via the PeopleAdmin system (www.jobs.ecu.edu).
Letters of reference submitted via the PeopleAdmin applicant tracking system will be verified and considered for meeting this requirement.
For letters of reference not submitted via the PeopleAdmin applicant tracking system, please have the original signed letters mailed to:
Nancy Blackmon (PN001086/002229)
Employee Support Services
ECU School of Dental Medicine
1851 MacGregor Downs Road
Greenville, NC 27834
Questions can be directed to:Dr. Moamen Sheba, Search Committee Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must complete a candidate profile online via the PeopleAdmin system and submit any requested documents. Additionally, applicants that possess the preferred education and experience must also possess the minimum education/experience, if applicable.Job Open Date :
11/14/2022Open Until Filled:
YesInitial Screening Begins :
Not ApplicableQuick Link for Direct Access to Posting :
East Carolina University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and seeks to create an environment that fosters the recruitment and retention of a more diverse student body, faculty, staff and administration. We encourage qualified applicants from women, minorities, veterans, individuals with a disability, and historically underrepresented groups. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race/ethnicity, color, genetic information, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, political affiliation, or veteran status.Eligibility for Employment :
Individuals requesting accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA) should contact the Department of Human Resources at (252) 737-1018 (Voice/TTY) or ADA-Coordinator@ecu.edu.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. ECU participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.Office of Human Resources Contact Information :
If you experience any problems accessing the system or have questions about the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at (252) 328-9847 or toll free at 1-866-489-1740 or send an email to email@example.com. Our office is available to provide assistance Monday-Friday from 8:00-5:00 EST.