Faculty - Sociology (adjunct)Classification Title:
Part Time FacultyMin Salary:
E = ExemptPosition Type::
Rowan-Cabarrus Community College (RCCC), is seeking part-time, adjunct instructors for Sociology beginning Fall semester 2023. All hours are available at all campus locations (a total of 5 campuses, ranging from Concord to Salisbury, NC).Required Education/Experience::
- Applicants must have Master’s degree in Sociology or master’s degree in another discipline with 18 hours graduate credit in sociology with a SOC prefix.Preferred Education/Experience/Skills::
- Computer/technological skills are required.
- Flexibility in schedule (days/times), as well as the ability to drive to multiple campuses (our campuses range from Concord to Salisbury, NC).
Online instructors must go through RCCC Online Instructor course before teaching online.
Preference for applicants with the availability to teach on campus during the day.Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities::
Ability to teach on campus during the day.Department::
Lib Arts - Social SciencesWork Hours::
08/01/2023Open Until Filled:
NoDuty and Responsibility::
1. Successfully prepare, manage, and deliver course content in order to achieve course objectives, accommodate diverse learning styles, and meet student learning outcomes.Duty and Responsibility::
2. Actively engage students and provide prompt feedback in an objective, respectful, and effective manner.Duty and Responsibility::
3. Communicate and follow course syllabus content in accordance with directions provided and administrative guidance.Duty and Responsibility::
4. Work collaboratively with the College’s support services to identify and address the students’ academic support needs.Duty and Responsibility::
5. Utilize College technology for the delivery of instruction and completion of operational processes; this includes but is not limited to the College’s learning management system, email and calendaring solution, document management system(s), student information system, and employee portals.Duty and Responsibility::
6. Meet deadlines, including maintaining and submitting accurate class records, employee records/requests, and other assigned tasks.Duty and Responsibility::
7. When applicable, ensure laboratories are appropriately stocked with required supplies and equipment is in safe operating order.Duty and Responsibility::
8. Facilitate a positive, student-centered, and professional environment among students, faculty and staff.