Post Doc Research Fellow - Biomedical Engineering
Grand Forks, North Dakota, United StatesAdd to favoritesFavorited View favorites
- $45,000+ annual, Exempt
- 40 hours per week
We invite applications for a Postdoctoral fellowship to conduct research in the area of optical imaging. We are working on developing, testing, and verifying novel biomedical instruments. We also work on image enhancement, biomedical image, and data analysis, and automatic disease detection using different artificial intelligence approaches. The prospective post-doctoral fellow must have a programming, engineering, and research background.Duties & Responsibilities
- Developing, and verifying a novel biomedical instrument.
- Testing the imaging system on small animal
- Applying image processing tools to enhance biomedical images.
- Utilizing artificial intelligence approaches for automatic disease detection.
- Track record of published research findings through peer-reviewed publications.
- Problem-solving skills and determination to explore new ideas.
- Management and leadership skills
- Fluency in English, both spoken and written
- Ph.D. in Engineering (Biomedical/Electrical/Mechanical/Computer)
- Successful completion of criminal history records check
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the US and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.Preferred Qualifications
- Experience with medical imaging, optical imaging, or BioPhotonics.
- Research background in machine learning and AI.
- Experience with signal/Image processing.
- Programming skills such as LabView, MATLAB, Python.
To assure full consideration, applications must be received by April 14, 2023 and include the following materials:
- CV that includes records of publication
- Cover letter
- Unofficial transcripts. Please note that the selected candidate will be required to submit official transcripts upon hire.
Position is open until filled