Post Doc Research Fellow - Institute for Energy Studies
Grand Forks, North Dakota, United StatesAdd to favoritesFavorited View favorites
Purpose of Position
- $40,000+ Annual, Exempt
- 40 hours per week
The College of Engineering and Mines (CEM) Institute of Energy Studies (IES) pursues new frontiers in energy research and education that enables the development of the next generation of integrated energy system technologies that are economically competitive, reliable, sustainable, and politically and environmentally acceptable.
The mission of the Institute for Energy Studies includes:
- Facilitating the coordination of CEM’s multidisciplinary energy education, research, development and commercialization activities in partnership with UND campus units, other NDUS campuses, and federal, state, and industrial partners.
- Providing a well-trained work force cognizant of the issues facing the energy industry today and in the future generations by engaging students in education that is focused on the technical, social, political, environmental, and economic needs of the world-wide community.
- Developing a multi-disciplinary scientifically balanced research portfolio aimed at accelerating the implementation of efficient and environmentally sustainable energy production technologies.
The University of North Dakota (UND) College of Engineering and Mines (CEM) seeks a full-time Postdoctoral Research Fellow in the Institute for Energy studies (IES). Applications are being accepted immediately and review starts April 15, 2023, the position has a flexible start date of no later than July 1, 2023. The successful candidate will work with a multidisciplinary team, including faculty members across campus and private business partners, to conduct research on advanced materials for clean energy applications including green H2 generation or lithium battery.Duties & Responsibilities
- Design, conduct, analyze and interpret experiments, including materials preparation, characterization, and electrochemical performance evaluation.
- Present scientific finds to community via publications, presentations and technical reports.
- Must independently submit at least one external proposal each year as required by the funding agency.
- Mentoring undergraduate, graduate research, and new personnel in laboratory.
- Providing support to Institute for Energy Studies researchers and other collaborators per request.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ph.D. in Chemistry, Material science, or relevant engineering (chemical, electrical and mechanical) fields.
- Experience in green H2 production by electro catalysis or development of lithium battery electrode materials.
- Experience in materials characterization techniques such as XRD, SEM, XPS and electrochemical workstation.
- Successful completion of criminal history records check
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the US and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.Preferred Qualifications
- Hands-on experience in the catalyst development for water splitting.
- Hands-on experience in building the reaction systems including water electrolyzes or fuel cells.
- Experience in the Li-S batteries or Si anode materials
- Experience in pouch-cell fabrication.
To assure full consideration, applications must be received by 04/15/2023 and include the following materials:
- Brief description of research interests
- Publication list
- Contact information of three references