Current UC employees must apply internally via SuccessFactors > http://bit.ly/UCEMPL
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati ranks among the nation’s best urban public research universities. Home to more than 47,000 students, 10,500 faculty and staff and 330,000 alumni, UC combines a Top 35 research university with a physical setting The New York Times calls “the most ambitious campus design program in the country.” With the launch of Next Lives Here, the Cincinnati Innovation District, a $100 million JobsOhio investment, eight straight years of record enrollment, worldwide leadership in cooperative education, a dynamic academic health center and entry into the Big 12 athletic conference, UC’s momentum has never been stronger. UC’s annual budget tops $1.6 billion and its endowment totals $1.9 billion. Job Overview
As one of the oldest medical schools in the country, the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine (COM) has a reputation for training best-in-class health care professionals and developing cutting-edge procedures and research that improves the health and clinical care of patients. In partnership with the UC Health academic healthcare system and Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center, College of Medicine’s faculty are transforming the world of medicine every day.
The Department of Neurology and Rehabilitation Medicine at University of Cincinnati Physicians is seeking a Nurse Practitioner to support our outpatient Epilepsy Division of Neurology and Rehabilitation Medicine. This nurse practitioner will work alongside our Epilepsy physicians, increasing patient access to Epilepsy care and improving the transition between inpatient and outpatient neurological care. The position will facilitate more efficient patient care, including timely completion of paperwork, returning patient calls to review results and fill prescriptions, and monitoring compliance with medications and treatment plan, leading to improved patient satisfaction and outcomes. Essential Functions
- Perform appropriate history and physical for complex, acute, critical, and chronically ill patients.
- Order and interpret diagnostic and therapeutic tests.
- Prescribe appropriate pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic treatment modalities.
- Monitor the effectiveness of interventions.
- Maintain accurate medical records.
- Collaborate with other providers and members of the health care team in delivery of care and make appropriate referrals when needed.
- Educate patients and families about medical conditions and treatment plans.
- Facilitate staff, patient, and family decision making using evidence-based practice
- Participate in research and development projects.
- Participate in education of nurse practitioners, nurse practitioner students and medical students.
- Perform related duties based on departmental need. This job description can be changed at any time.
- Masters Degree in Nursing or related field.
- Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner license and current license to practice Nursing in the state of Ohio required.
Master’s Degree in Nursing and graduation from an ANA approved Nurse Practitioner Program.Required Trainings/Certifications
- Current/valid RN and APN license/license eligible to practice in the state of Ohio.
- May require certification in corresponding specialty.
Physical Requirements/Work EnvironmentSitting - OftenRepetitive hand motion (such as typing) - OftenHearing, listening - OftenTalking - OftenStanding - OftenWalking - OftenBending - SeldomStooping - SeldomKneeling, squatting - SeldomReaching overhead - SeldomPulling, pushing - Seldom Compensation and Benefits
- Three (3) years nursing experience.
- Additional related work experience may be required depending on specialty/sub-specialty.
UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Competitive salary range dependent on the candidate's experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:HEJ, SF:INS SF:HERC SF:DIV SF:LJN