Current UC employees must apply internally via SuccessFactors > http://bit.ly/UCEMPL
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati ranks among the nation’s best urban public research universities. Home to more than 47,000 students, 10,500 faculty and staff and 330,000 alumni, UC combines a Top 35 research university with a physical setting The New York Times calls “the most ambitious campus design program in the country.” With the launch of Next Lives Here, the Cincinnati Innovation District, a $100 million JobsOhio investment, eight straight years of record enrollment, worldwide leadership in cooperative education, a dynamic academic health center and entry into the Big 12 athletic conference, UC’s momentum has never been stronger. UC’s annual budget tops $1.6 billion and its endowment totals $1.9 billion.
As one of the oldest medical schools in the country, the University Of Cincinnati College Of Medicine (COM) has a reputation for training best-in-class health care professionals and developing cutting-edge procedures and research that improves the health and clinical care of patients. In partnership with the UC Health academic healthcare system and Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center, College of Medicine’s doctors are transforming the world of medicine every day. The Department of Neurology & Rehabilitation Medicine is a top-tier department with world-renowned faculty and staff.
UC is one of the largest employers in the Cincinnati region, employing over 10,000 full time and part time faculty, staff and student workers.
The Division of Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine was created in 2013 when our departments merged into the Department of Neurology and Rehabilitation Medicine. The division provides clinical care in inpatient (rehab unit and hospital consultation) and outpatient settings. We have expertise in stroke, traumatic brain injury (TBI), spinal cord injuries and musculoskeletal care. Some current areas of focus include a multidisciplinary approach to TBI across the spectrum of disease and the use of ultrasound in musculoskeletal diagnosis and treatment.
The University of Cincinnati, College of Medicine, Department of Neurology and Rehabilitation Medicine is seeking a highly qualified clinician to fill a faculty position. The rank of appointment (Assistant/Associate) is open and will be commensurate with the experience and professional accomplishments of the selected applicant. This position will support the University's mission and commitment to excellence and diversity in our students, faculty, staff, and all our activities.
The successful candidate will join the Department of Neurology and Rehabilitation as a physiatrist. Primary focus will be clinical outpatient with teaching opportunities relating to residents, fellows, medical students and may may include opportunities in research efforts.Essential Functions
- Conduct and teach assigned undergraduate and/or graduate-level courses and seminars.
- Attend meetings, participate in governance, prepare materials for teaching.
- Evaluate and develop curriculum for department and/or college.
- Serve as an academic adviser for students and evaluate student coursework.
- Serve on college or university committees and participate in curriculum development activities.
- Serve on graduate committees, supervise laboratories (where appropriate), independent study activities, and off-campus learning.
- Engage in other activities ancillary to or in support of his or her responsibilities.
- Render service to the professional or lay community which is relevant to the individual’s academic specialty.
- Review, and where necessary, respond in a timely manner to all University-related communications.
All successful candidates must possess a M.D. or D.O. and board certification/eligibility in PM & R.Compensation and Benefits
UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Competitive salary range dependent on the candidate's experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
FOR ALL FACULTY HIRES OFFICIAL ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPTS WILL BE REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF HIRE
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:HEJ, SF:INS SF:HERC SF:DIV SF:LJN