Current UC employees must apply internally via SuccessFactors > http://bit.ly/UCEMPL You are invited to submit an application to be considered for a position with more than one opening. The number of positions varies depending on the needs of the department.
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati ranks among the nation’s best urban public research universities. Home to more than 47,000 students, 10,500 faculty and staff and 330,000 alumni, UC combines a Top 35 research university with a physical setting The New York Times calls “the most ambitious campus design program in the country.” With the launch of Next Lives Here, the Cincinnati Innovation District, a $100 million JobsOhio investment, eight straight years of record enrollment, worldwide leadership in cooperative education, a dynamic academic health center and entry into the Big 12 athletic conference, UC’s momentum has never been stronger. UC’s annual budget tops $1.6 billion and its endowment totals $1.9 billion.Job Overview
As one of the oldest medical schools in the country, the UC College of Medicine has a reputation for training best-in-class health care professionals and developing cutting-edge procedures and research that improves the health and clinical care of patients.
The Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism is seeking two (2) Nurse Practitioners to assist in providing comprehensive, continuous, and personalized care to patients. The Division of Endocrinology provides tertiary level clinical care for all endocrine disorders, ranging from diabetes, pituitary, adrenal, bone, lipid and thyroid disorders. They provide integrated transgender endocrine care, as well as care for adolescent patients with endocrine disorders as they transition to adulthood.
One position will be primarily at the Clifton, OH location and the other position at the West Chester, OH location. However, there is the possibility of clinics at the other locations as well.Essential Functions
- Collect developmental history of patient.
- Conduct basic physical and psychosocial assessment of the individual and/or family. Assist physicians and other providers in delivery of care.
- Discriminate between normal conditions and normal and abnormal deviations by specific screening and tests. Refer patients with abnormal findings to physicians.
- Manage common episodic and chronic illnesses and administer medication and treatments as prescribed. Obtain treatment consents as needed.
- Provide counseling and health training.
- Maintain accurate records.
- Participate in research and development projects.
- Order supplies as necessary; stock and maintain rooms.
- Perform related duties based on departmental need.
Master’s Degree in Nursing and graduation from an ANA approved Nurse Practitioner Program.Required Trainings/Certifications
Current/valid RN and APRN license to practice in State of Ohio with prescriptive authority, prior to start.Required Experience
Three (3) years nursing experience.Additional Qualifications Considered
Physical Requirements/Work EnvironmentSitting - OftenRepetitive hand motion (such as typing) - OftenHearing, listening - OftenTalking - OftenStanding - OftenWalking - OftenBending - SeldomStooping - SeldomKneeling, squatting - SeldomReaching overhead - SeldomPulling, pushing - SeldomCompensation and Benefits
- Two (2) years’ experience working with patients that have complex medical issues.
- Experience working and treating patients with diabetes and diabetes related health issues.
- Comfortable with conducting shared medical appointments.
- Likes being part of multi-disciplinary team.
UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
- Competitive salary range dependent on the candidate's experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP). The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
REQ: 92275 SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:HEJ, SF:INS SF:HERC SF:DIV SF:LJN