Reporting to the CDEP management team, this is a professional position requiring significant judgment and assistance in the administration and planning of CDEP's operating budgets. This position requires strong communication, analytical, technical, and problem-solving skills; the individual must be adept at turning data into information, information into insight, and insight into program decisions. The position is contingent upon external funding.Duties and Responsibilities:
List the primary job duties and responsibilities:
In collaboration with FVSU Accounting Services, review expenditures and other transactions for compliance with University, Board of Regents, State, Federal, and other policies and procedures as applicableReconcile/review accounts on a timely basis!Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports to managers and other internal and external parties as required.Perform regular analysis of budget to actual expenditures. Forecast budgetary requirements and implement management actions to maintain a balanced budget for CDEP.Assist in the preparation of budgets and budget amendments for CDEP.Assist with the pre-collegiate/collegiate recruiting efforts for the CDEP ProgramPerform other duties as assigned by the CDEP Director and/or Assistant CDEP DirectorQualifications:
Minimum of three years' work experience in accounting, finance, or business-related fieldProficiency in the use of Microsoft Excel and WordStrong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy Excellent record-keeping skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, business, finance, or a related fieldGovernmental and /or grants accounting experience
- Travel (although minimal) may be required for training and other activities.
- May require working beyond normal working hours as business needs dictate.
- Majority of work is performed indoors in a climate-controlled environment.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift 10 lbs.
- Normal hand dexterity