Pediatric Social Worker
- Johns Hopkins University
- Administrative Jobs
- Student Affairs, Counseling
- Employment Type
- Part Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
Location:Johns Hopkins Intrastaff, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category:Allied Health/Clinical Professional
Johns Hopkins Intrastaff is the internal staffing agency for the Johns Hopkins Health System and partner hospitals, providing temporary support to a variety of the Johns Hopkins locations. Our employees are the strength of our service. Intrastaff is unique because it's one of the very few agencies where a person has the benefit of being a temporary employee and also feels like a member of a large organization. Working at Hopkins means joining a culturally diverse team that includes some of the best nurses, physicians and allied health professionals in the world. Directly or indirectly, you'll have exposure to cutting-edge technology and groundbreaking medical research.
Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, MD is hiring for a Social Worker in the Pediatric Psychology.
Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:30am-5pm
- Assist in coping with the challenges of caring for a child, managing their illness, hospitalization or outpatient treatment plan
- Support families (children, parents, grandparents, siblings) encountering a crisis, experiencing grief and bereavement or adjusting to a diagnosis
- Help the family and child gain a better understanding of the illness and what to expect while receiving treatment
- Discuss illness and/or hospitalization with the child and their family
- Advocate for the needs of the child and family with the medical team (doctors, nurses, therapists) to promote family-centered care
- Develop pre- and posthospitalization care plans
- Promote a safe family environment
- Refer to community agencies for material assistance, including temporary lodging or resources needed to support a safe discharge plan
- Masters degree from an accredited school of social work is required.
- Current state of Maryland licensure at the LMSW level or higher.
- Two years or more of licensed clinical social work in a health care setting is required. Internship may be considered.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
To apply, visit https://jobs.hopkinsmedicine.org/job/pediatric-social-worker-allied-health-clinical-professional-us-md-baltimore-johns-hop-2982-b03d1/
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-71cbedc7a6939b4b8206e6f0f75d69b6
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert