Office Assistant - EFNEP Palm Beach County
- University of Florida
- Administrative Jobs
- Institutional & Business Affairs, Community & Government Relations
- Employment Type
- Part Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
Office Assistant - EFNEP Palm Beach County
Job No: 526240
Work Type: Staff Part-Time
Location: Palm Beach
Categories: Office/Administrative/Fiscal Support
Department: 60450000 - AG-EXPANDED NUTRITION PROGRAM
Administrative Support AST I
The Administrative Support Assistant will perform programmatic support functions for the Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program (EFNEP) in Palm Beach County. Duties will include answering telephone; writing correspondences; reviewing fiscal paperwork for accuracy and completeness, including timesheets, travel reimbursement and receipts; ordering supplies; assisting with reporting; scanning, copying, and filling routine paperwork, and assisting with program setup and preparation.
- Make copies, files, and other routine paperwork necessary to support the program.
- Assist with program preparation, including but not limited to, making copies, shopping for food, preparing food, preparing program materials, and creating displays for public health events.
- Prepare and submit evaluation paperwork, as needed.
- Provides support during hiring process.
- Understand policies and procedures related to time worked, leave, travel, and personnel, and purchasing.
- Assist EFNEP Supervisor/Agent with review of fiscal and personnel paperwork, including time and labor, monthly travel reimbursement and receipts for accuracy and completeness.
- Prepare and send paperwork to state office.
- Keep appropriate files of all fiscal and programmatic paperwork.
- Understanding retention policies and disposition processes for paperwork.
- Order supplies and materials as needed.
- Assist EFNEP Supervisor/Agent with checking in deliveries, maintaining inventory, and keeping supplies organized.
- Assist EFNEP Supervisor/Agent with county and state office reporting.
- Answer telephones, compose letters and emails, assist with planning meetings, and monitoring calendars for all EFNEP employees in the county.
Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Effective Communications
- Accuracy And Attention to Details
- Managing Multiple Priorities
- Desktop Tools
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Problem Solving
- Office Administration
- Service Excellence
- Active Learning
- Strong background using technology
Attached: EFNEP Core Values.pdf
$16.00 / hour
High school diploma or equivalent and one year of relevant experience.
Ability to work independently and exercise judgment is required.
Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
This position needs a strong background using technology and software.
Able to work with a team. Motivated, self-directive individual.
Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Familiar with basic computer programs, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Ability to use equipment/hardware: desktop pc, laptop, copier/scanner/fax, and calculator.
Able to organize physical materials as well as electronic files, pictures, etc.
Reliable daily transportation.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position is eligible for veteran's preference. If you are claiming veteran's preference, please upload a copy of your DD214 Member Copy 4 with your application for consideration. See our Veteran's Preference Page for more specific information.
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter, resume and references.
This is a TEAMS part-time position in UF/IFAS Palm Beach County Extension office. The schedule is 20 hours per week, Monday through Friday.
May need to lift up to 25 pounds on occasion.
This is a time-limited position.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
Health Assessment Required:
Applications Close: 13 Apr 2023
To apply, visit https://explore.jobs.ufl.edu/en-us/job/526240/office-assistant-efnep-palm-beach-county
The University is committed to non-discrimination with respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information and veteran status in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert