Faculty - Communications Instructor (adjunct)Classification Title:
Part Time FacultyMin Salary:
E = ExemptPosition Type::
The Communication & Foreign Languages Department at Rowan-Cabarrus Community College is seeking part-time Communication instructors for the adjunct pool to teach day and night classes on campus and online. Campus assignments may include any RCCC campus (South, North, College Station, NCRC, CBTC or Virtual.)Required Education/Experience::
- Master’s degree in Communication or Communication Studies.
- Basic computer skills required (email, ability to learn and be comfortable with Blackboard)
- Flexibility in schedule (days/times) as well as ability to drive to multiple campuses (our campuses range from Concord to Salisbury, NC).
- Familiarity with Blackboard
Lib Arts - Foreign LanguageWork Hours::
varies depending on department needsPosting Date::
12/31/2023Open Until Filled:
NoDuty and Responsibility::
1. Successfully prepare, manage, and deliver course content in order to achieve course objectives, accommodate diverse learning styles, and meet student learning outcomes.Duty and Responsibility::
2. Actively engage students and provide prompt feedback in an objective, respectful, and effective manner.Duty and Responsibility::
3. Communicate and follow course syllabus content in accordance with directions provided and administrative guidance.Duty and Responsibility::
4. Work collaboratively with the College’s support services to identify and address the students’ academic support needs.Duty and Responsibility::
5. Utilize College technology for the delivery of instruction and completion of operational processes; this includes but is not limited to the College’s learning management system, email and calendaring solution, document management system(s), student information system, and employee portals.Duty and Responsibility::
6. Meet deadlines, including maintaining and submitting accurate class records, employee records/requests, and other assigned tasks.Duty and Responsibility::
7. When applicable, ensure laboratories are appropriately stocked with required supplies and equipment is in safe operating order.Duty and Responsibility::
8. Facilitate a positive, student-centered, and professional environment among students, faculty and staff.