Faculty - Physical Therapy Assistant (adjunct)Classification Title:
Part Time FacultyMin Salary:
E = ExemptPosition Type::
Rowan-Cabarrus Community College is seeking adjunct faculty for the Physical Therapist Assistant program. This position is a part-time faculty appointment and has teaching, laboratory assistant and service responsibilities consistent with the mission and philosophy of the PTA Program at RCCC. This individual must demonstrate competence in teaching, and curriculum development. The positions are available for individuals who have the expertise in knowledge and skills reflective of current practice as needed to provide a comprehensive education to our students.Required Education/Experience::
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities::
- Graduate of an accredited PT or PTA program
- Licensed in North Carolina
- Masters Degree or higher
- Able to work with student with special needs based on the ADA
- Member of the APTA.
- Licensed to practice in North Carolina
- Active in professional activities at local, state, and/or national levels.
- Teaching effectiveness
- Current knowledge and skill in the use of information and computer technology or proven ability to learn these skills.
- Student evaluation effectiveness
Physical Therapist AssistantWork Hours::
12/31/2023Open Until Filled:
NoDuty and Responsibility::
1. Successfully prepare, manage, and deliver course content in order to achieve course objectives, accommodate diverse learning styles, and meet student learning outcomes.Duty and Responsibility::
2. Actively engage students and provide prompt feedback in an objective, respectful, and effective manner.Duty and Responsibility::
3. Communicate and follow course syllabus content in accordance with directions provided and administrative guidance.Duty and Responsibility::
4. Work collaboratively with the College’s support services to identify and address the students’ academic support needs.Duty and Responsibility::
5. Utilize College technology for the delivery of instruction and completion of operational processes; this includes but is not limited to the College’s learning management system, email and calendaring solution, document management system(s), student information system, and employee portals.Duty and Responsibility::
6. Meet deadlines, including maintaining and submitting accurate class records, employee records/requests, and other assigned tasks.Duty and Responsibility::
7. When applicable, ensure laboratories are appropriately stocked with required supplies and equipment is in safe operating order.Duty and Responsibility::
8. Facilitate a positive, student-centered, and professional environment among students, faculty and staff.