Clinical Faculty of Data Science
- NYU Center for Data Science
- New York City, New York
- Competitive/Commensurate with Experience
- Faculty Jobs
- Science & Technology, Computer Science & Information Technology, Other Science & Technology Jobs
- Position Type
- Alt-Ac & Post-Ac
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
Apply at: https://apply.interfolio.com/115153
The NYU Center for Data Science (CDS) seeks to fill a Clinical Faculty position in Data Science at its Washington Square campus.
The NYU Center for Data Science (CDS) seeks to fill (2) Clinical Faculty positions in Data Science at its Washington Square campus.
CDS is the focal point for NYU’s university-wide initiative in data science and statistics, established 9 years ago, and one of the country’s leading data science research and training facilities. CDS is a vibrant space with 21 jointly appointed faculty and 10 associated faculty across computer science, mathematics, engineering, neuroscience, linguistics, politics, psychology, physics, biology and business; a list of affiliate faculty spanning a wide range of NYU’s schools and departments, a highly successful Master’s program and one of the first Data Science PhD programs as well as the new undergraduate program in data science. CDS’ research focuses on tools and methods at the intersection between applied mathematics, data science, high-dimensional statistics, machine learning, optimization, and several data-driven application areas.
THE PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES WILL BE:
- Teaching and coordinating three (3) entry- and advanced-level courses for undergraduates- and masters-level students in Data Science during each of the Fall and Spring semesters. Topics of courses might include some subset of: probability and statistics, statistical modeling, causal inference, machine learning, computer vision, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, “big data”, visualization, programming for data science.
- Training and evaluating teaching assistants
- Other responsibilities related to the administration of the undergraduate and graduate programs including but not limited to: helping with the administration of admissions to the MSDS, designing and revising curricula when required, advising students on optimal course choices and sequences. These other responsibilities may lead to a reduction in course load.
This Clinical Faculty position is not a tenured or tenured-track position. Data Science full-time clinical faculty hold renewable term contracts, initially for one year, and later three to five years in duration. Clinical faculty are eligible for promotion within the Clinical faculty ranks (Assistant, Associate, Full).
Applicants must have a strong background in Data Science and a Ph.D. in a related field, as well as experience in and knowledge about undergraduate and graduate teaching, learning, and curricular issues.
Please provide in your application:
- A cover letter indicating how the position relates to your overall career plans
- A complete curriculum vitae
- Three confidential letters of recommendation are required, including one that focuses on your teaching. Please follow the prompts in the application. Once you submit your application, an automated email with a link will be generated to your recommenders asking them to upload their confidential letters of recommendation.
- A 1-2 page teaching statement
- A teaching portfolio, which may include a list of courses taught, sample teaching materials, evaluations of teaching, certifications, or other supporting documents.
- (Preferred, but optional) A 15-minute video of your teaching. Upload your video to a public streaming site (such as YouTube or Vimeo) and submit the URL with your application.
- We encourage applicants to include a brief statement describing how your research, teaching, and service contributes to diversity and inclusion.
Applications received through the Clinical Faculty of Data Science Interfolio application page will be given full consideration. We will review applications on a rolling basis until positions are filled.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
For people in the EU, click here for information on your privacy rights under the NYU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) page.
NYU is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to a policy of equal treatment and opportunity in every aspect of its recruitment and hiring process without regard to age, alienage, caregiver status, childbirth, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, domestic violence victim status, ethnicity, familial status, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital status, military status, national origin, parental status, partnership status, predisposing genetic characteristics, pregnancy, race, religion, reproductive health decision making, sex, sexual orientation, unemployment status, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons of minority sexual orientation or gender identity, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply for vacant positions at all levels.
NYU aims to be among the greenest urban campuses in the country and carbon neutral by 2040. Learn more by visiting the NYU Sustainability page.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert