Mathematics Instructor - Tenure Track
- Oklahoma State University-Oklahoma City
- 900 N. Portland Ave Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, 73107 United States
- Faculty Jobs
- Engineering & Mathematics, Mathematics, Statistics
- Position Type
- Tenured & Tenure-Track
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
900 N. Portland Ave
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, 73107
United States Hiring Supervisor:Amy Monks Hiring Range:
(Contingent upon available funding): 0.00 - 0.00, Commensurate with education and experience Work Schedule: varies, may include some, evenings and weekends Faculty Appt Period: Job Summary: Job Description:
To develop in each student the skills of critical thinkingand to help students learn the subject matter presented to them in order forthat student to become a positive member of the community.
Essential Job Functions:
- Teach a minimum fifteen (15) credit hours for non-laboratory classes or equivalent service.This will include concurrent instruction taught at area high schools and may include evening instruction.Maintain student and course records with updates on the learning management system.Maintain and file current course outlines, objectives, and grading procedures for all courses.Advise and assist students in selecting appropriate academic courses.Post and keep office hours as per institutional guidelines.May serve as lead instructor.Implement the institutionally recommended strategies for retention.Implement the assessment model.Serve on special projects and committees.Assist in the designing/revising of courses and curricula.Exhibit innovative and adaptive instructional methods.Complete all mandatory training and participate in RPT recommended level of professional development each year.Fulfill all faculty requirements as noted in the Faculty Handbook.Perform other duties as assigned.
Master’s degree in Mathematics or related area, or master’s degree with 18 graduate hours in Mathematics required
- Must be qualified to teach and provide leadership in an academic discipline and/or degree program.Minimum of one year of college-level teaching experience.
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities Required:
- Teaching Competence – Must be able to create lesson plans, content, presentations, ancillary materials, and assignments to effectively transform information to knowledge for students; have the ability to assess student learning and progress.
Communication skills – Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing with clear, grammatically correct English and prepare complex reports on deadline; requires interaction with supervisors, colleagues, students, alumni, advisory committee members, and the public, using tact, discretion, and independent judgment.
Computer skills – Must be demonstrably proficient in Microsoft Office (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.), as well as email, internet, and learning management systems.
Ability to manage multiple priorities imposed by frequent deadlines, peak workloads, and public/student contact.Strong interpersonal skills and sensitivity to a multicultural environment in an effort to work and communicate effectively with all students, faculty, staff and community partners.High degree of initiative to work independently and also collaborate in a team environment.Demonstrated knowledge of office technologies including but not limited to: office computers, fax machines, scanners, internet, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook).Passion for assisting customers and representing the OSU-OKC and OSU brand with positivity and professionalism.Demonstrated history of ethical and professional behavior.
- Experience in Learning ManagementSystems such as D2L, Blackboard, or Canvas
- Must be able to work flexible hours to include some nights and weekends.Work will be performed in an office environment with a significant amount of public contact, in person, by telephone, via email, and various communication platforms.
- Duties require extended periods of sitting, talking, and listening.Duties require extensive use of computers, telephone, and other office equipment.Requires possible lifting of up to 25 lbs. (If an object weights more than 45 lbs., OSU-Oklahoma City requires this to be a two-person lift).
#ZROklahoma State University (OSU) strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations,OSU conducts pre-employment background checks on final candidates. Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal (felony and misdemeanor) history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the university, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.
Oklahoma State University is a modern land-grant system that prepares students for success. Orange is the Answer. Through leadership and service, OSU improves the lives of people in Oklahoma, the nation and the world. OSU has more than 35,000 students across its five-campus system with students from all 50 states and around 120 nations. Established in 1890, OSU has graduated more than 264,000 students to serve the state of Oklahoma, the nation and the world.
Oklahoma State University-Oklahoma City (OSU-OKC) is part of the modern land-grant system of Oklahoma State University. OSU-OKC is a two-year public institution, offering more than 50 degrees and certificate options. Through quality education, a supportive environment, leadership training and service opportunities, OSU-OKC trains students to work and educates them to lead. OSU-OKC graduates are found throughout the community serving as police officers, firefighters, nurses, teachers, healthcare professionals and business owners. osuokc.edu
Oklahoma State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/E-verify employer committed to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. Oklahoma State University campuses are tobacco and vapor-free.
900 N Portland
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert