- Lee College
- Administrative Jobs
- Student Affairs, Academic Advising
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Community College
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Number: FY2300167
Location: Main Campus - Baytown, TX
Division: Provost/Academic & Student Affairs
Starting Salary Range is $50,648 -$58,241. The initial salary offer is commensurate with education and related work experience.
Advise new and continuing students with career exploration, admissions, enrollment processes, financial aid, university transfer, and related academic concerns, both on the Baytown campus and service area sites, as assigned. Assist with technology access to related online information and form completion. Make referrals to inside/outside agencies, as needed. Provide student activities for all students that increase the total academic experience.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
When scheduled, Academic Advisors could also function onsite at service area high schools as a Lee College representative within the respective Consolidated Independent School District. The advisor will be responsible for assisting in the high school students' success and graduation efforts while fostering student awareness and aspirations toward Lee College and preparing students for admission to Lee College. Travel to service area high schools and community events will be required.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
Minimum Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
To apply, please visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/lee/jobs/3832339/academic-advisor
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
The College and the Community
Established in 1934, Lee College is a comprehensive community college offering university transfer programs, career and technical education, corporate and continuing education, and academic development.
Lee College is a vibrant, continuously evolving, mid-sized institution serving an industrial community. The college is located in Baytown, Texas, approximately 30 miles east of Houston. The third largest city in the Houston metropolitan area, Baytown has a diverse population of more than 60,000. It is a prosperous community that offers a competitive cost of living, a variety of employment opportunities, and a strong tax base provided by corporations such as ExxonMobil, Chevron Phillips, and Bayer.
Lee College at a Glance
- Fifth in the U.S. for associate degrees awarded in science and technologies
- Fourth in the U.S. For associate degrees awarded to Hispanic students
- Achieving the Dream Leader college
- Ranked among top 10 percent of community colleges in the nation by the Aspen Institute for two consecutive years
- More than 130 degrees and certificates offered
- 30 student organizations in 2012-20123
- Nationally recognized honors program
- First community college in the nation to receive Kresge Foundation Grant
- 2012-2013 NJCAA Region XIV men’s basketball champs
- Clinton Climate Initiative college
- The ExxonMobil Process Technology Program
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert