Academic Advisor, ECHS
- Lee College
- Administrative Jobs
- Student Affairs, Academic Advising
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Community College
Academic Advisor, ECHS
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Number: FY2300149
Location: Main Campus - Baytown, TX
Division: Provost/Academic & Student Affairs
Starting salary range is $50,648 - $58,241. The initial salary offer is commensurate with education and related work experience.
The Academic Advisor, ECHS is the on-site expert on Early College High Schools (ECHS) and provides guidance, supervision, and direct services to ensure effective administration of these programs. The Advisor serves as the point of contact between the Lee College campus and Goose Creek Consolidated Independent School District's (GCCISD) ECHS. In coordination with campus departments and public-school officials, the advisor will advise IMPACT ECHS (IECHS) students, parents, and community members on the admission process, financial aid eligibility, career exploration, transferability of courses, and related academic concerns. Make referrals to inside/outside agencies as necessary. Work directly with the IECHS personnel, ensure successful scheduling and registration of courses, monitor student progress towards certificate and degree completion, and work with parents to understand the college-going culture and the importance of postsecondary matriculation after high school graduation.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
ECHS job duties include:
Advise prospective, new, returning, continuing, and/or high school students which may include the following duties/activities:
- Assist with the admission process.
- Determine Texas Success Initiative obligation based on TAKS, THEA, Accuplacer, or other approved tests.
- Implement state and institutional policies and procedures.
- Interpret test scores.
- Provide degree path/plans and explain degree and certificate programs.
- Evaluation of unofficial transcripts for transferability of coursework.
- Assist with registration to include teaching students online processes, course selection, data entry, etc.
- Assist with the resolution of academic issues as an advocate for students.
- Provide group advising and/or group registration stations.
- Complete and submit biweekly reports to the Title V Project Director.
- Coordinates and facilitates student orientation, financial aid workshops, and other Title V success initiatives for marginalized student populations.
- Assists in identifying and developing innovative strategies to support students from marginalized student populations to improve persistence and completion.
- Work cooperatively with faculty to identify needed early interventions.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
Minimum Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
To apply, please visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/lee/jobs/3788686/academic-advisor-echs
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
The College and the Community
Established in 1934, Lee College is a comprehensive community college offering university transfer programs, career and technical education, corporate and continuing education, and academic development.
Lee College is a vibrant, continuously evolving, mid-sized institution serving an industrial community. The college is located in Baytown, Texas, approximately 30 miles east of Houston. The third largest city in the Houston metropolitan area, Baytown has a diverse population of more than 60,000. It is a prosperous community that offers a competitive cost of living, a variety of employment opportunities, and a strong tax base provided by corporations such as ExxonMobil, Chevron Phillips, and Bayer.
Lee College at a Glance
- Fifth in the U.S. for associate degrees awarded in science and technologies
- Fourth in the U.S. For associate degrees awarded to Hispanic students
- Achieving the Dream Leader college
- Ranked among top 10 percent of community colleges in the nation by the Aspen Institute for two consecutive years
- More than 130 degrees and certificates offered
- 30 student organizations in 2012-20123
- Nationally recognized honors program
- First community college in the nation to receive Kresge Foundation Grant
- 2012-2013 NJCAA Region XIV men’s basketball champs
- Clinton Climate Initiative college
- The ExxonMobil Process Technology Program
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert